Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help please.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

My political stance is simple: don't trust anyone who has their steak well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    My political stance is simple: don't trust anyone who has their steak well done.

The rarer the better

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences when it comes to music (and steaks!) but come on, bringing politics in to it and even worse, insinuating racism because someone has described their dis-taste for a particular genre as 'bilge' is a bit OTT in my opinion.

Back on topic though and I'd personally go with the flow. As said already, make sure you're clued up and up to date with the current chart stuff and chart stuff for the past few years.
    I don't do many children's parties (by choice actually as I still get a few enquiries for them) but I don't mind taking on teen parties.
    In my experience I have found that in general the girls are more interested in dancing to their favourite songs especially at say (example) a 13th or 14th. They may still be children in our eyes but they like to be treated as young adults. I know that may sound a bit strange but again, in my experience and at the parties I have done for that age, the girls are generally more maturer than the boys.
    I think it's been mentioned already but the boys (sometimes anyway) seem to prefer to run around and stick together.

It's just the way the charts are at the moment in that they are filled with 'bilge' no matter what genre but the 'kids' seem to like it and at the end of the day they should get what they want just the same as any other customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Everyone has their own tastes and preferences when it comes to music (and steaks!) but come on, bringing politics in to it and even worse, insinuating racism because someone has described their dis-taste for a particular genre as 'bilge' is a bit OTT in my opinion.

Back on topic though and I'd personally go with the flow. As said already, make sure you're clued up and up to date with the current chart stuff and chart stuff for the past few years.
    I don't do many children's parties (by choice actually as I still get a few enquiries for them) but I don't mind taking on teen parties.
    In my experience I have found that in general the girls are more interested in dancing to their favourite songs especially at say (example) a 13th or 14th. They may still be children in our eyes but they like to be treated as young adults. I know that may sound a bit strange but again, in my experience and at the parties I have done for that age, the girls are generally more maturer than the boys.
    I think it's been mentioned already but the boys (sometimes anyway) seem to prefer to run around and stick together.

It's just the way the charts are at the moment in that they are filled with 'bilge' no matter what genre but the 'kids' seem to like it and at the end of the day they should get what they want just the same as any other customer.

Know your charts from the past few months, One Direction, party songs that type of thing. I know on some forums as well other DJs post playlists so try having a look around at what they have played. I don't do teen parties anymore but that type of music always used to work for me when I did.

Ask them beforehand as well. If you ask a 14year old for requests they'll probably fill your whole night haha. Use that as a starting point.

From experience, I think you'll find that they will know their music and you will be inundated all night with requests (for bilge and non-bilge) from them and the hard part will be trying to keep a flow from the different stles wanted.

I had a 9 year old recently ask me for anything by the Eagles!!

Just make sure you've got the clean versions of anything potentally "adult".

I don't know what I was worried about, I had 100 early teenagers bouncing for 3 hours solid, even the boys, it was a great night.
    Thanks for all your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by little al View Post
    I don't know what I was worried about.
    Neither do we. Glad it went well for you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk