The situation is that I had a booking come in for last Thursday for a childrens party. Because it was a day time party during office hours, I sub'd the booking out to a full time operator who could easily do it (whereas I would have had to have taken leave from my day job).

The guy did the same job as I would have so I don't think I can fault him on that, but the customer has become irate because it wasn't "me" specifically who turned up and did the gig. I took the booking on the back of another kids party that I did that her 9yr old daughter was at, and this party was for her 5yr old son - part of the reason I actually sub'd the booking out was because I know the other operator actually does a better job of entertaining younger children (as he is more "entertainer" whereas I am more "DJ" and can offer a wider array of balloon modelling and magic on top of just music and games).

Now, the customer signed a contract with "Bristol Disco Hire" to provide a disco for this party. I probably should have made it clear that I was sending someone else in this instance, but in terms of the contract - am I in breach of contract for subcontracting out the provision of the service on behalf of "the company?"

Where do I stand on this specific issue?

Julian