Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice please - Paypal sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I personally think they were foolish to even insert such a ludicrous condition!
    Actually I've used Paypal for the last 4 years for taking credit and debit card payments and due to the fairly low volume were by far the cheapest method of doing so.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I have seen that it's in PayPal's user agreement that you agree not to make a "surcharge" for customers paying you by PayPal. However, you are allowed to charge a "handling" or "processing" fee so long as the fee isn't more than you'd charge customers paying by PayPal.

I think you can either uprate all your fees to take in to account the few that might want to use their PayPal account to pay you or, as has been mentioned already, consider uprating all your fees then offer a discount to customers who choose to pay by the free methods.

The one thing you should never do is hide your charges as, once you are discovered, this will make you look really bad. Always be completely transparent with your pricing. People don't like hidden charges. On the other hand, they do like a discount!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    People don't like hidden charges.
    Absolutely correct. Often it can change bargains into no more than everyday deals.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    On the other hand, they do like a discount!!
    Oh yes. When I first went self-employed, I had a customer who wanted a large discount for cash each time. At that time, I was just starting out, and cash price was the same as a cheque. I had to follow the time honoured practice of inflating the price beforehand, so that I could give him his " large cash discount ".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Minor update. All paid