Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Ice Bucket Challenge - Videos of us DJs doing it.

Default Ice Bucket Challenge - Videos of us DJs doing it.

I am sure we have all had to do the ice bucket by now.... let's see the videos:
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Default Side Angle

Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I am sure we have all had to do the ice bucket by now.... let's see the videos:
    I have "had to do it" and didn't do it.
    Call me boring but I would rather just donate some money to an environmental charity.

Good on you for doing it though, but it aint for me. If it was my idea then it would be a different story
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I have "had to do it" and didn't do it.
    Call me boring but I would rather just donate some money to an environmental charity.

Good on you for doing it though, but it aint for me. If it was my idea then it would be a different story

Going to be controversial and sorry, political here.....

I've done work for several charities (including ALS) in my full time job as a software engineer.....hardly ANY of the money people donate to these things go to the actual cause. You only have to look at the offices and the IT kit most of them have, let alone the salaries of the CEO's (or chief execs in this country) to see that unfortunately.

It's sad, but true.

If just a fraction of the people taking part in these challenges gave the more important gift of TIME to these charities and organisations (I for one volunteer with the Scout Association who are literally crying out for volunteers), the world would be a much better place.

Just my thoughts...feel free to shoot me down in flames

I donated to Macmillan, as after reading a fair bit of stuff about the ALS charity on the internet, I quickly went off them - I won't donate to charities i've never heard of without researching them first.

I bet a vast majority of the people who donated or did the "Ice Bucket Challenge" have no idea what the chairty is all about, they just follow the latest craze of dumping ice-cold water over their swedes!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    let alone the salaries of the CEO's (or chief execs in this country) to see that unfortunately.
    An organisation the size of the ALSA needs somebody in charge. Without a CEO there would be no charity, CEO's need to be paid a lot of money. It's quite simple, really and I don't see the problem. The salaries of the leadership team are definitely not above average for an organisation of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    An organisation the size of the ALSA needs somebody in charge. Without a CEO there would be no charity, CEO's need to be paid a lot of money. It's quite simple, really and I don't see the problem. The salaries of the leadership team are definitely not above average for an organisation of that size.
    It's a bit like DJ'ing - some people expect them to work for a minimal wage or even free. Professionals in any area should be paid the market rate.