Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Audio Lucas Nano 600

Default HK Audio Lucas Nano 600

I've got one of these arriving Wednesday this week. They are supposed to be pretty good. Rather than go to the trouble of writing a review, I thought it would be worth asking if anyone was remotely interested first!

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    I've got one of these arriving Wednesday this week. They are supposed to be pretty good. Rather than go to the trouble of writing a review, I thought it would be worth asking if anyone was remotely interested first!
    Certainly - I think more and more people are using a small speaker option for ceremony/reception background duties.

What are you planning to use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Certainly - I think more and more people are using a small speaker option for ceremony/reception background duties.

What are you planning to use it for?
    I have a few smaller restaurant venues at the moment - 50 people max. Perhaps also children's parties. Failing that, it'll become my upstairs music room PA / telly soundbar!! I'll give it a test and post up a review.

When I was on Holiday last week there was a duo playing , girl singing guy on guitar with backing track and vocal all going through one I was astounded how good and full it sounded.

Yup, I just googled it - fascinating little set up. Max SPL 130db from a 10" sub and twin 4.5" tops?
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Yup, I just googled it - fascinating little set up. Max SPL 130db from a 10" sub and twin 4.5" tops?
    I was just about to write a review of one of these, as it happens.

I've bought 600 too and have used it already for a small singing-only gig (70 guests in a small room.) It was clearer and punchier than the resident DJs 'full' powered system.

For DJs, I reckon it's most ideal for cermonies, background music/speeches. A friend has one and has used it for a small disco. I think I'd be inclined to use 2 linked via 1/4 stereo jack for a 'full' disco however, and mount 2 tops on poles above the bass/amp on each side.

Even then, it's not going to fill a massive venue, if I'm honest. That said, sound quality is amazing for the size/price - and it packs away very small, with the tops clipping into a recess inside the bass/amp. I can lift it to waist height with 2/3 fingers and carry with one hand, meaning for wee gigs using venue lighting and I don't need costume, it's single trip.

It's also more 'forgiving' than a Bose & a Vertus IMHO, but probably not quite a good a sound quality or output as a Vertus to my ear, obviously. But then, it's 75% cheaper. ;-)

I used a cheap Wharfdale mixer for my last show to save space (mixer sits on clamp-on kinsman shelf onto the speaker tripod itself), which meant my whole setup footprint could be about 2ft square. Next time I'm going to try with a better quality Mackie mixer and while this will increase my setup footprint to 3ft sq the overall sound quality will be better witha cleaner signal. For disco, could run xlr direct from controller to the HK, and mic direct to the separate xlr/jack combi imput, with another channel spare for backup - eg tablet.

The thing I'm disappointed by is that the stand systems need to be purchased separately (a) 2 x tripods + neutrik leads @ circa
    £90+, or (b) single pole to mount for 1/both tweeters which screws into the bass/amp circa £60. :-(
    It can however be run with the 2 tops slipping directly into the bass unti, much like an flash shoe might into the top of a camera - this does however risk the sound being absorbed by bodies unless you're on a highish stage.
    The "shoe" connection also seems sturdier than the pin connectios I've seen on other compact systems (eg the ?Maui?)

Overall, pleased so far, but will write more after a few different gigs.

Thanks for that info - very useful. You're right about the add ons - it's a bit annoying but I've managed to get 2x10m speakon cables thrown in for a total of 749.00. The satellite speaker adapters are £19.00 a pair from Thomann. HK have advised that you can get them from IVOR MAIRANTS in the UK. Their telephone number is 0207 6361481 if you need it..

Thanks for that info - very useful. You're right about the add ons - it's a bit annoying but I've managed to get 2x10m speakon cables thrown in for a total of 749.00. The satellite speaker adapters are £19.00 a pair from Thomann. HK have advised that you can get them from IVOR MAIRANTS in the UK. Their telephone number is 0207 6361481 if you need it..
    You mean like these? : http://www.thomann.de/gb/hk_audio_lu...nt_adapter.htm

BUT am I understanding the is right that these will be like top-hat adaptors for "ordinary" 35mm spreaker stand/tripods?
    (One could therefore still double-up the larger tripod as light stands using o-clamp/ATLAS etc? (Which I'd not want to do on the HK spacepole directly above the bass/amp.)

Or have I missed something? #beingthick

Out of stock with I.M a.t.m., but I'd get them *free* anyway with my Thomann points from the last items I bought & reviewed! WOOHOO!!

These just slip over the top of a standard speaker pole. One would go over the m20 threaded pole that screws into the sub (I've got to get one of those now too) and the other would go over a standard speaker stand.

These just slip over the top of a standard speaker pole. One would go over the m20 threaded pole that screws into the sub (I've got to get one of those now too) and the other would go over a standard speaker stand.
    And you could also presumably mount the 2 tops (clipped into each other) into I stand adaptor for a column effect.
    I do love the adaptability of this system, even if it requires further investment....

Am also quite taken with the rolling bag. ;-) #spendspendspend