Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HK Audio Lucas Nano 600

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    My reason for having an interest in the HK Audio Lucas Nano 600 was that 1 x sub and 2 x tops are less than 20kg, and travel together in one small package, the size of a small suitcase. No other system seems to come close for weight.
    The two RCF EVOX which Ian indicated above aren't far from those figures, and all clip together for transport, I believe. Worth a look.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

How many people would 2 x Nano 600s work for?

And if you ran just one of them, would that be suffice for 100 people in a smallish room?

Just seeing if I can get 1 to begin with, and the 2nd at a later date.
    Well, I have been using these at least once every weekend, or twice if both venues are suitable, so I have a fair bit of experience with these units.

All my answers are based on Weddings.

1. How many people would 2 x Nano 600s work for?

Depending on the size of the room, I wouldnt use for more than 150 in a small/medium room.
    The bass is fine, the lows and volume is fairly amazing and I have never heard another sub at 10"s deliver those levels.
    The tops however are loud but have a narrow spread - so for small/medium rooms.

2. And if you ran just one of them, would that be suffice for 100 people in a smallish room?

The room would have to be small and the dance floor even smaller to be considered.
    I wouldnt be comfortable using just one for dancing.

I love my Nanos - They look smart, super easy to lug around, great mixer section, and great bass response.

My reason for having an interest in the HK Audio Lucas Nano 600 was that 1 x sub and 2 x tops are less than 20kg, and travel together in one small package, the size of a small suitcase. No other system seems to come close for weight.

Most subs are 30-40kg each alone!

I've arranged for a demo of the Nano 600 next weekend so I can hear for myself how amazing or rubbish it is - I'll feedback what I find!
    Let us know - worth it if its that good.
    I just can't see them holding out for a function of up to 100 especially with dance music / more clubby weddings/teen events.
    I suppose you can bring along a larger sub for the larger events and keep it behind the booth? Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The two RCF EVOX which Ian indicated above aren't far from those figures, and all clip together for transport, I believe. Worth a look.
    I agree - they are so light and compact. I can pick the whole lot up in one arm with no effort at all.
    Very nice speakers the EVOX and HK version. For the main gig that would be my choice.

The Nano's I recon would be good for small parties and ceremonies etc. but if technology has got that good then i will buy a set.
    Hopefully RCF/Dave RSD will bring a set for the promobile conference. I will be very interested in testing it.

At the moment my RCF 310's and cheapo Dave 12 do the job wonderfully
    Last edited by yourdj; 16-02-2015 at 01:18 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I've arranged for a demo of the Nano 600 next weekend so I can hear for myself how amazing or rubbish it is - I'll feedback what I find!
    As promised, here's my feedback following a demonstration of the Nano 600/

I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest.

I had side by side tests of the Nano against a few other products.

For its size, the Nano is impressive, but I didn't feel confident enough that it could deliver the sound required for a gig. Great bit of kit for music during the ceremony/breakfast + speeches (as has been mentioned), but for a disco, I feel I would quickly be limited by it - and one slightly large room, and I'm stuffed!

I also tried the Kam Kompact 12. This was actually quite impressive. It's cheaper than the Nano 600, but much louder. I did find the EQ a bit harsh in the top end, especially as it got louder. You would still require 2 x sets to do a mobile disco.

I then tried the RCF Evox 8, as has been mentioned here a few times - and wow! Amazing sound - such clarity and presence to it, and gave a really impressive loud sound. A vast improvement in depth of the sound and loudness compared to the Nano 600 and Kam Kompact 12. Yes, it is more expensive, but my concern was that if I bought the Kam Kompact 12, I would be upgrading in 12 months time.

So I would advise for compact systems, the Kam Kompact 12 if you're on a budget, but for the best sound, the RCF Evox 8 won hands down for me, and long term I felt would be the better value option.

I've been using mine a good few months now for everything from small rooms with 30 folk up to high vaulted ceilings with well over 150 and they've not missed a beat and have handled it no problem using 2 sides set up in the mono config with the tops sitting on top of each other.

In fact I've used one of them in a large school gym hall with massive ceilings for a school disco and it handled it no problem.

If you want melt your face off / have granny Mabel up whinging at you about the noise type volumes then they might not cut it but apart from that they're great IMO.

Slightly off topic but still on (keep reading and you'll see what I mean) I purchased the Nano 300 version. Solely for use for ceremonies and background music type applications.

So far very impressed, it's really good so I can only imagine how good the 600 is! The only thing I'm struggling with is a speaker pole. The hole for the pole on the 300 is smaller than the 600 and not threaded. I'm struggling to find something that fits. I know HK do the pukka Nano pole with cables and bag etc but it has some not so great reviews and I don't like the look of it. Any ideas of what will fit? The recess in the 300 is approx 1" wide and 2 and a bit deep. I've scoured the usual suspects but no joy.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    The only thing I'm struggling with is a speaker pole. The hole for the pole on the 300 is smaller than the 600 and not threaded.
    I know taking tools to a new piece of kit can be a daunting prospect, but is it possible to fit a standard threaded one? Under a tenner, and you could use an existing pole.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I know taking tools to a new piece of kit can be a daunting prospect, but is it possible to fit a standard threaded one? Under a tenner, and you could use an existing pole.
    I was thinking that. Looking at it it's 3 phillips screws so will investigate later!

Well, it comes off ok and rougly measures up to one of these so have ordered one and see how I get on. Also ordered the adaptors from Thomann making good use of my vouchers for review writing!

Name:  m20.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  7.0 KB

Will update all when they arrive.
    Last edited by Spirits High; 20-06-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs