Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HK Audio Lucas Nano 600

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    K last question - exactly how does running it stereo vs mono change the sound? I get how stereo v mono works with a standard 2 speaker set up with one at either side of you but say I take 1 of these nanos and have it set up in stereo with the 2 tops separate, is there really going to be THAT noticeable a difference in sound given how close the speakers are to each other? What about the output, how would that be affected?
    Apols if I've misunderstood your post....

according to the setup configs in the back of the manual:

For a true stereo using 2x nanos:
    set nano 1 to "dual tops", (one above other), single speakon from L up to the pair, balance panned/set all the way to the R
    set nano 2 the same, but with balance panned all the to R
    link with 1/2 stereo jack. adjustments of any source running into 1 side (eg mixer) will be exactly the same on each side.

Not 100% sure if you can run dual mono - but if you can, obvs you'd set both nanos panned to the middle.

FOR DUAL STEREOs
    Set both nano to separate tops setting, running speakons to each side for each nano (eg 4x speakons)
    link with stereo cable, both nanos balance set to middle
    as before, adjustments at source will change the levels for both nanos at the same time.

HK call this is "running stereo in 2 rooms" or something - i believe you can also do this to have a smaller Nano 300 in the 2nd room/opposite end of room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Boy View Post
    Apols if I've misunderstood your post....

according to the setup configs in the back of the manual:

For a true stereo using 2x nanos:
    set nano 1 to "dual tops", (one above other), single speakon from L up to the pair, balance panned/set all the way to the R
    set nano 2 the same, but with balance panned all the to R
    link with 1/2 stereo jack. adjustments of any source running into 1 side (eg mixer) will be exactly the same on each side.

Not 100% sure if you can run dual mono - but if you can, obvs you'd set both nanos panned to the middle.

FOR DUAL STEREOs
    Set both nano to separate tops setting, running speakons to each side for each nano (eg 4x speakons)
    link with stereo cable, both nanos balance set to middle
    as before, adjustments at source will change the levels for both nanos at the same time.

HK call this is "running stereo in 2 rooms" or something - i believe you can also do this to have a smaller Nano 300 in the 2nd room/opposite end of room.

Cheers.

I've had a look at the manual and it describes the dual stereo set up - 2 subs with the 4 tops separated and the mix panned hard left and right on either side.

I assume if I wanted to have that set up but stay mono I'd just keep the balance centred on both subs? What I'm going or (I think!) is a sub with the 2 satellites sitting on top of each other (mono mode?) on either side of my booth:

Last edited by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ; 02-10-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Ordered a pair

I'm very happy with mine, for the price is unbetable, tell us how do you find the two ones Jim, good luck with your buying

After a bit of internatoinal post faffing around, that's now the whole set up here.

Not got anything on gig wise until the 27th but my brother (aka mr 5 star discos) is getting papped out of his gaff tonight because the missus' pals are planning a hen do so he's going to bring his guitar round and we'll have a wee jam with it.

First impressions before firing it up - it really looks the part. I know £800 a side isn't cheap set up but it definitely looks a cut above.

There's next to no weight in these things. I do a bit of weight lifting and I reckon they probably come in at about 14 kilos. The spec sheet reckons they're heavier but I can bicep curl one no bother and hauling both of them in an arm each would be no problem.

Off for a bit of shopping but will get some tunes going and report back later.

Will be interesting to see them in front of a crowd but in the house it is LOUD.

Apart from that it sounds very crisp and clean. Hsd ybe desk runni g at 60% and even at that I couldnt even get one unit to half power without it getting uncomfortably loud.

The bass off those tiny subs was incredible as was the overall clarity and quality of sounds. We ran a few different set ups (dj set up, electric guitar through a processor, acoustic guitar and vocals) and it sounded great on all of them.

The one thing I still can't get over is the size or weight of the things. You could easily fit a sub and tops into the seat of a car if you needed to.

I am now looking to purchase some as I am trying to scale down the weight of my set up and I think these would do nicely.

And on a parting note, it took less than one minute per side to totally dismantle and pack up!

Cheers
    Graham - DJ Glasgow, Edinburgh and Scotland
    www.5stardiscos.com

DJ Glasgow, DJ Edinburgh, DJ Scotland - www.5stardiscos.com - Wedding DJ Glasgow, Wedding DJ Edinburgh, Wedding DJ Scotland

What are folk using to cart them about with? The slip cases that come with them aren't going to do much in the way of protection. Thomann do the HK roller bag for around 80 quid a go which is reasonable(ish) but I was just wondering if anyone had any other methods they used to transport and protect them?

Had them out twice now and I don't know how 1 on it's own sounds set up in stereo but two of them push A LOT of air. Did a medium large room for 120+ on Saturday and then a big high ceilinged school gym hall on Monday and they both were more than capable and nowhere near pushed hard. Excellent but of kit.

I've got a local gig over the weekend so I'm going to go down super early to do a bit of DMX programmign while everything is set up but I'm going to see how it sounds with the tops hooked into the sub's socket thing and have them hid underneath my Lite Conole. If it sounds any good (it probably won't) then that would be really cool to be able to gig with no speakers on show.

Default Transport

I been thinking the same thing, regarding transport. Would be fantastiic if they could somehow "stack" to save a trip. I may look to make a road case of some sort I think, so I can stack and use my fold out trolley to take around. At the moment Im getting of getting some thick covers made up.

The pricing for the mono stands are fairly expensive and same for the Trolley, pricing in New Zealand aint the best - so Im looking at some other options.

Quote Originally Posted by rotoitiman View Post
    I been thinking the same thing, regarding transport. Would be fantastiic if they could somehow "stack" to save a trip. I may look to make a road case of some sort I think, so I can stack and use my fold out trolley to take around. At the moment Im getting of getting some thick covers made up.

The pricing for the mono stands are fairly expensive and same for the Trolley, pricing in New Zealand aint the best - so Im looking at some other options.
    I got a quote for bags from Hot Covers but it's not significantly cheaper than getting the HK rolle rbags from Thomann so I think I'll go for them but it might be worth checking out to see if there's any local bag makers which could help you out.