Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: Roughly, how many enquiries do you get per week?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • <1

4 20.00%
  • 1-4

8 40.00%
  • 5-8

4 20.00%
  • 9+

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enquiries, how many do you get?

Default Enquiries, how many do you get?

Evening all,

Just wondering how many, on average, enquirers you get per week. Mine have gone quiet all of a sudden so just wondering what rough numbers other people are getting.

I solely focus on weddings, that's my market and all I market for now so I know i'm cutting myself out on parties etc. but spend more time and cost marketing for weddings which is where my passion is.

Got to admit - it has gone very quiet at the moment, not so much on enquiries (I've had 15 NaD and half a dozen ampDJ leads this week), which is about average for me.

I do anything (within reason and for the right price). Up until a couple of weeks ago, I'd been out pretty much twice a week every week for the past 6 months. I'm actually sitting here with a weekend off all of a sudden!

Whilst the rest is nice, it's worrying. And for some reason, the quotes that are out there aren't coming back either. I used to convert about 1 in 6 NaD leads, I've only managed to convert 1 this week, and that's only for a two hour teenage party. September to November are looking very bleak at the moment with only half a dozen bookings between them.

Scratching my head at the moment. I haven't changed prices or the way I work so at a loss to see at the moment why they're not coming back. The only thing I have found out is that there's a guy on my patch at the moment who will do ANY occasion (and yes, I mean weddings as well) for £20 an hour. Even he can't be taking all of the bookings I've responded to though.

Quote Originally Posted by velocityroadshow View Post
    Evening all,

I solely focus on weddings, that's my market and all I market for now so I know i'm cutting myself out on parties etc.
    but spend more time and cost marketing for weddings which is where my passion is.
    I couldn't stand only weddings. Variety is the spice of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

I do anything (within reason and for the right price). Up until a couple of weeks ago, I'd been out pretty much twice a week every week for the past 6 months. I'm actually sitting here with a weekend off all of a sudden!
    Snap. ( Although I take a lot of persuading to take on under-eleven functions. ) Wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes, I think enquiries are slowing down a bit, but so far this year, up to November, I think I've had the busiest year I can remember. I think I've missed less than four weekends since January. I'm lucky that I have the wine tastings, which help a lot, and Young Farmers, where a few clubs have seen me at other club functions, and booked me for theirs. NaD is filling most of the gaps, so looking healthy so far.

November and December are very quiet, but may still get the odd one. Much of my work isn't booked months in advance, so dates often fill up.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have had a very successful year, bookings up 30% on last year and average fee up substantially too.

Put this down to a revamp of the website in February, complete revamp of PA and booth, with plenty of fresh photos on my website, which has enabled me to put my prices up too.

Over this week I have had 27 enquiries from my own website ( which is slightly down and its not just for Discos, it may be for dancefloors, chair covers etc
    and 18 from NAD/AMP Type websites

For me it’s the same this time every year enquires tend to drop off a bit, had a revamp of the website early this year but still struggling with that enquiry wise, NAD I’m lucky to get one a year as most tend to be low end budget

I'm not sure you can count NaD as an enquiry as you pay for it and you could get every single enquiry that they get if you set your enquiries to nationwide, any party and any budget. You could get 500+ a week doing that!

I'd say it's around 5/6 a week tops however they all generally book and for decent figures (up sell of various services).

The only time number of enquiries is important is when you're looking at how effective a method or medium of marketing is IMO.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Default less is more

around 4 per week.
    It used to be double that... until I put my prices on my website!
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    around 4 per week.
    It used to be double that... until I put my prices on my website!
    Nothing wrong with that - dissuades people who are not your client in the first place.

I get on average about 4 a week year round, but on a good week about 10, its funny the way they all come at once.
    I am going to map it as there is a correlation relating to social calendar events, times of the years etc. etc.
    I do meetings in person as my prices are £600+ and its just nice for the client to know what they are paying for (or not if they choose otherwise), so its about 4-6 meetings a week with prospective clients too as a result of a recent enquiry.

I am happy as 90% of my enquiries are in decent venues, local to me and the client is justly sort of client, so the website is clearly communication what we do and what we don't do, so could not be happier at the moment (as busy as i would like to be)
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/