Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forums vs Facebook Groups.

Default Forums vs Facebook Groups.

It seems more an more people are using Facebook DJ groups now. Personally, I'm not keen on Facebook groups. The same questions being asked time and time again. Plus, it's not easy to go back and find a discussion you saw earlier on Facebook. Forums (I think) offer far more. More of a sense of community plus earlier discussions are searchable and offers a readily viewed database for both new and old members alike.

Just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are about Facebook vs Forums?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I have a Facebook page for my business, but I don't have a personal account. Once I realised that Facebook was just a place full of people that I haven't spoken to since school talking about the weather, I was done.

Facebook has it's uses, but it isn't a suitable alternative to forums for the reasons you've stated.

I have got to say that I do look at DJ forums on facebook. And whilst I do a lot of looking I really don't post or reply that often. To be honest I can't believe some of the comments that are put on facebook forums. It seems that some of the people who post some of the comments don't realise that the public are able to see what they post.
    So in answer to the question. Facebook forums for me are very good for getting information/keeping up to date with what other DJs are doing.

I would rather post comments or ask questions on forums (this one!)

DJ facebook groups are full of keyboard warriors and idiots in my opinion. Only a member of two (one being the MDD the other being a local group useful for passing on gigs and getting venue knowledge).

I've google various issues with kit, music etc... and a MDD always lists in the top three.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Forums all the way, for the reasons mentioned.

FB groups are like car crash TV
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Doesnt it depend on what your looking for from them ????

Forums - great for talking to other djs and discussions ect - but absolutelly useless for bookings, and a dying thing inmany ways, like at somestage FB will do when something better comes along

Facebook - a pain in the butt - but a good way of free advertising

60% of new bookings and enquiries come direct from facebook, either because a potential customer has seen my FB page, or from postental customers posting on there walls wanting a dj, and someone who has booked me in the past points them to my FB page.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

I'd guess the question is about DJ groups on FB, not FB as a whole though.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Using that arguement though I couldn't offer the level of service and quality of my DJing if it wasn't for this forum. Five minutes on fb and I wanna hang my headphones up.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Using that arguement though I couldn't offer the level of service and quality of my DJing if it wasn't for this forum. Five minutes on fb and I wanna hang my headphones up.
    But why would you want to discuss techinical details or ask for advise on Social Media like FB?

the two are totally seperate mediams, just like the posts on each are seperate mediums! (or should be)
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/