Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edinburgh City Chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Since you're in this photo, I'm assuming it was taken by the photographer? I'd love to know what settings they used
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Since you're in this photo, I'm assuming it was taken by the photographer? I'd love to know what settings they used
    Yep, it was one from the photographer. The groom posted it to my Facebook page.

I'd love to know the settings too. The photo was taken from a high balcony with pretty low light, and the photographers flash just looked pretty standard.

Often customers that want to micro-manage their event have had bad experiences in the past. More often than not though there is a happy medium that can be reached. And if that happy medium can be reached, I quite like the challenge.
    While I don't agree 100% with my amenable Scottish friend, we are indeed singing from the same hymnsheet. " He who pays the piper calls the tune." Yes I have limits, like Shaun, I'm always happy to see if we can get a solution acceptable to both sides.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    While I don't agree 100% with my amenable Scottish friend, we are indeed singing from the same hymnsheet. " He who pays the piper calls the tune." Yes I have limits, like Shaun, I'm always happy to see if we can get a solution acceptable to both sides.
    Which parts of the comment you quoted don;t you agree with 100%. Just curious.

Often customers that want to micro-manage their event have had bad experiences in the past. More often than not though there is a happy medium that can be reached. And if that happy medium can be reached, I quite like the challenge.
    Which parts of the comment you quoted don;t you agree with 100%. Just curious.
    Well since you asked, my inquisitive friend, I'll tell you.

It's only a very minor issue, but from the way your post reads, I get the impression that you would like to put your views and ideas forward more strongly than I would. In truth, we're probably only differing on the degree, if at all, but when the customer says " jump", I'm very likely to enquire " How high " ? Unless they're suggesting something stupid, or logistically unworkable, I'm unlikely to tell them how it should be done.

One day, I'll tell you the story of a Day Job customer. No matter how much I explained the simplest, easiest, prettiest, strongest way to do a job, she wanted it done differently, in a way which disadvantaged her neighbour aesthetically. As we were doing the job, the neighbour agreed that our way was the only logical way to do it, but he couldn't be bothered to cause ill feeling by complaining over something relatively minor. Nice fella.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk