Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pioneer XDJ-R1 any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    Fortunately I never got to use the 6000 with vdj 8
    And the workaround for the mic was an inline attenuator

On the whole with a cheaper set of cabs the sound was acceptable just through bigger systems it was a bit shy.
    I've tried a couple of times with VDJ8, the midi mappings are all over the place for me, so gave up.

Regarding the mic, I've previously tried an inline attenuator, but that generated a lot of background noise, do you have any recommendations for an attenuator to use, variable attenuation?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    I've tried a couple of times with VDJ8, the midi mappings are all over the place for me, so gave up.

Regarding the mic, I've previously tried an inline attenuator, but that generated a lot of background noise, do you have any recommendations for an attenuator to use, variable attenuation?

Cheers
    Just used the standard -10db inline jobbies from cpc did try a -20db as well
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Well took the plunge XDJ-R1 arrived today so far so good.......just need to master Recordbox.

One minor niggle when using MacBook and VDJ in midi mode the display on the Xdj doesn't show track and time info like the denon 4500 does
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Well took the plunge XDJ-R1 arrived today so far so good.......just need to master Recordbox.
    So many witticisms spring to mind., such as " I found opening the lid and looking inside was a good start " etc etc.

One minor niggle when using MacBook and VDJ in midi mode the display on the Xdj doesn't show track and time info like the denon 4500 does
    Oh for those happy days of yesteryear, when we plugged in the Cortex, and it was ready to go in seconds.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk