Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Martin robocolor

Default Martin robocolor

Hi all
    Just bought second hand robocolors. They work fine on chase mode but can't get them to work to music, have changed dip switches, also tried connecting to dmx controller but no response. Any help appreciated
    Kevin

When all else fails, read the instructions.

It seems to me that you need dips 1,2, and 10 switched on at the Master unit, and only 1 on at the Slaves. This manual seems to refer to a Robocolor II, I have no idea if that makes a difference to you. Neither do I know whether not fitting the terminators will have a bearing on things. Hope this helps.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Yep, there were several different versions of the Robocolor. Which ones have you got?

Many moons ago I had about 40 ex-install Mk2s in varying states, and I have a vague recollection that they could sometimes randomly decide to ignore anything you asked them to do. Remember the microphone is on the PCB in the control box, and not in each individual head. You may well need to replace/repair the control box...