Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fogger/Hazer

Well,

Second outing for my hazer. Would not work. Power light comes on, but does not heat up, and nothing on the remote. Emailed the shop. Guessing its a return to sender item now.

Would love the hear how the Kam performed.

Got a reply from the shop, sending out a replacement, and will arrange for the old unit to be collected.

Hope it's just a one-off fault, and not a common problem.

Fingers crossed.

Mine's been fine. No probs at all with it and I've had it around 6 months with regular use. Sounds like a duff'un.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Mine's been fine. No probs at all with it and I've had it around 6 months with regular use. Sounds like a duff'un.
    Out of interest, what is you output like when using the intensity on the remote? Mine seemed to pump out a lot regardless of the setting. Min or max seemed to have no effect. The output looked the same.

Perhaps I just had a dodgy one.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    Out of interest, what is you output like when using the intensity on the remote? Mine seemed to pump out a lot regardless of the setting. Min or max seemed to have no effect. The output looked the same.

Perhaps I just had a dodgy one.
    Did you have all settings to their lowest setting when you switched the unit on and then adjusted accordingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Did you have all settings to their lowest setting when you switched the unit on and then adjusted accordingly?
    Yup, with everything on lowest, nothing happened. Slowly increase the intensity (only had to move a little), "click" the unit came into life, pumping out loads of fog. The level of the intensity did not seem to affect the amount of fog it was producing.

Hence the question, or the possibility of a dodgy unit.

Hoping to get the replacement early next week. So I'll compare.

The density knob works fine on my one although you are best using the continuous button and turning it down to what you want, then switch it to timer. The manual button, however, pumps at full flow.
    Last edited by musicology; 28-11-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Not having much luck here.

Received the replacement unit.

Plugged in, turned on, buzzed into life, heater light on etc, looking good.

However, after 10 minutes, it would not product and output at all.

For some reason the green led on the controller is lighting up straight away. I could swear that this only lit up when it was ready for use.

Looks like another return to request

I've got a KAM KHM600 (I think it cost £120) and I'm suitable impressed with it considering the price.
    It's my first haze machine but here's what I think of it:

Pros - fine haze much better than smoke. Controls are easy enough to understand and heats up quickly

Cons - Cannot set a constant small amount (well not small enough for my liking). If it's on intermittent the fan seems to blow the haze away from the target area and can be very cold in colder rooms.

I've only just got through my first bottle of haze fluid over the course of 4-5 gigs (one being Halloween so lots of haze) so it's still early days!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD