Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fogger/Hazer

Default Fogger/Hazer

Had a request to use fog at last night Halloween gig.

unfortunately, Due to lack of demand, I only have a small 400W fogger. TBH, it was no where powerful enough. When it was producing fog, it was okay, but it only bursts for about 10secs, then needs to warm back up again. The smoke vanishes very quickly.

I've been thinking for a while about getting a hazer, which some of the venues I work would accept, but so far, I've not got round to finding something suitable.

So, after last nights performance (or lack of) with my fogger, I'm going to look for a singe machine which could provide fog or haze, depending on the venue etc.

Can anyone recommend such a device? (Not wanting to spend silly amounts of money on this, probably around the £200 mark would be ideal)

TIA.

Funnily enough I asked a dealer the same question on Saturday. Recommendation was an Antari machine which is about £300. I've been told by a number of people that all hazers under this price point are really just fan assisted foggers and prone to failure.

I'm sure someone will be able to tell you otherwise

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

If you get one with adjustable output like the Eurolite NH-30 then use Prolight's "light" fluid for general use and put the "medium" fluid in it for halloween. Well below your budget as well!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    If you get one with adjustable output like the Eurolite NH-30 then use Prolight's "light" fluid for general use and put the "medium" fluid in it for halloween. Well below your budget as well!
    That is one I've looked at online previously, would 2 minutes of smoke, followed up by another x mins warm up be sufficient?
    Will it produce haze consistently?

Anyone got any hands on feedback for this device?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I use the Chauvet Hurricane Haze 2D. Had it for just over a year now and no problems. If you look after your gear, it'll look after you. I think it's a very good hazer and comes in under £200.

The 3D is out now at a higher price. Supposed to be faster at heating and better dispersion but the 2D is more than good enough for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    That is one I've looked at online previously, would 2 minutes of smoke, followed up by another x mins warm up be sufficient?
    Will it produce haze consistently?

Anyone got any hands on feedback for this device?
    The remote allows you to control it. By having the timer at minimum setting so it is more or less continual. Then you can turn the output down or up to max and give thicker smoke when needed. Works really well for me. It also has a manual button to blast it when you need. Also, as it's 700 watts, the reheat time is really quick. You don't even notice it!
    Last edited by musicology; 03-11-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Anyone else with any recommendations for specific models?

Or do I pick from the NH-30 or 2D machines?

TIA.

wouldn't be spending a fortune as more and more venues don't allow the use of smoke or haze, even when explaining to venues that haze will be less likely to set off alarms, they are still quite sceptical.

nothing better than being able to use haze in a venue to highlight and enhance your light show, however as your not likely to use it in every venue and only occasionally better to have a mid price unit.
    bit like buying a rolls royce and only being able to drive it a couple of times a year, lot of money tied up to sit idle.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Hi Andy,

That's my thoughts too.

Luckily, my most used venue does allow it

I've found a Eurolite NH-30 for £110 delivered, so I'll give that a go and see how it performs. (Got to be better than my current fogger)

Cheers

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    wouldn't be spending a fortune as more and more venues don't allow the use of smoke or haze, even when explaining to venues that haze will be less likely to set off alarms, they are still quite sceptical.

nothing better than being able to use haze in a venue to highlight and enhance your light show, however as your not likely to use it in every venue and only occasionally better to have a mid price unit.
    bit like buying a rolls royce and only being able to drive it a couple of times a year, lot of money tied up to sit idle.
    Ah yes, but how much more special does it feel to drive a Rolls Royce twice a year, as opposed to every day?