Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: I am a numpty!

Default I am a numpty!

Can't believe what a total numpty I was yesterday.
    I left my gear outside a venue and drove home!

I had two smalls gigs in one day - both requiring the same gear (just one without the lights) so it was all packed into the back of the car.

One was in Edinburgh (6 miles away) to provide a sound system for a literature club's annual lunch... and the another was for a children in need gig 20 miles away.

The lecture dragged on and finished at 4pm..... and I packed up and took all the gear down in the lift and then went to get the car from the underground car-park.

Meanwhile I got a call from the wife saying she had some dinner ready if I had time. Well.... it was 4:30pm and I didn;t need to be at other gig until 6pm so I headed home.
    It was only when I got through the door that I realised that I had none of my gear!!

The venue had noticed that I had left the gear and brought it back inside!!

I made it to the next gig 10mins late.... and in need of food!
    What a numpty.

Anyone else done anything as daft?
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Glad you still have your gear Lee. I have never left all my gear behind though I did leave my uplighters once and didn't realise until the barman called me the next day.

Total nightmare lee. But at; least the venue saw sense and brought your gear back inside.

I once left ,my ultimax upright poles at a venue on the Friday night, it wasn't until I was setting up on the Saturday night I realised they were missing. A quick phone call to the hotel from the previous night confirmed they were there

Lucky the venue had the good sense to take your gear inside.

I left my suit bag hanging outside a venue in Glasgow whilst I loaded up the van at the end of the night. 50 miles later I realised. I about turned and headed all the way back, luckily it was still there....including my wallet that was in the bag too.

Earlier in the week at work I came across a random camera cable in my laptop back and chucked it in a pile when i got home.

On Friday I realised that said cable was actually for my MyDMX box

OK not quite a catastrophe but a biggie:

I did a Jambo's supporters thing for the Scottish Cup final for a mate who runs a supporters club out here. Was early doors in a local boozer and although I didn't touch a drop (unlike pretty much everyone else who got scraped out onto their busses for the game) it was so early I got home and thought "hmmmm my laptop bag is very light."

I must have covered the mile and a half back to the pub in under 2 minutes - had left the bloody thing on top of the puggy. Luckily the bar staff stashed it away for me.

I turned up at a gig and set up.
    I tried to play a CD to test everything but all I got was a very quiet sound.
    I looked around everything and all seemed ok.
    I then noticed a jack lead wasn't quite in on the mixer.
    I hadn't pushed it in far enough.
    Big sigh of relief.

Got my van stuck on a front lawn of a big posh country house on a rainy January evening.......wasn't even the location of the gig.....
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

The first time my mate ever used a laptop he brought all of his gear out of a venue, as Joe Caretaker wanted shot of him so he could get off home. So my mate loaded his van as usual (though minus his laptop) and promptly reversed his van over it!

Left my brand new radio mike case on the roof of my car & drove off once. Thankfully I'd only got to the bottom of my road before I realised though. It still bears the rash from scootling onto the road.. but both mikes still work fine