Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Stairville mv250v moving head gobo wheel not in sync

Default Stairville mv250v moving head gobo wheel not in sync

On one of my fixtures the gobo wheel is not in sync with the other lights, sometimes the gobo wheel rotates fully to the left and sticks also. I have opened up the light and all wires seem to be in tact and good. The motor is also working. Any solutions?

Thanks

Hello Mitesh. Sorry, I have no idea whatsoever how to solve your problem, but could I ask you to pop across to the Newbies section, and introduce yourself. It's always nice to know something about who we're talking to, and often helps us to give more accurate advice. Thanks.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I'm not familiar with that particular fixture, but does it have a reset option within the fixtures menu settings? resetting it will take it back to factory settings for you and may solve your problem. Good luck.

I've got something similar going on at present with an Acme Cougar and I've put it down to wear in the stepper motor that drives the Gobo wheel. In my case the symptom is that part way through the night the Gobo selection will fall out of step with the other Cougar I have and with the instructions being sent via DMX. If I set it to Blackout (e.g. index 0 on the gobo wheel) then the wheel hits the end stop and effectively "resets" the gobo wheel position mid-show and then it's fine. I can't reproduce the problem on demand and in tests with them I can't get it to happen. Short term, I was thinking about "fixing" it by including a blackout step in my chase or changing the sequences to reduce the amount of rapid direction changes in the gobo wheel.

Longer term, I've been looking for somewhere to pick up a replacement Stepper motor, but I can't identify what the spec of the current one is to buy a replacement. I have a feeling it'll be a cheap and common part as manufacturers tend to use off the shelf components to keep costs low. The hardest part is usually finding someone who will sell you a qty of 1, not 1,000!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Without seeing the fixtures, is it possible to swap the gobo stepper motors between the faulty unit and one of the good ones?

If the fault then transfers to the other unit you have at least diagnosed the cause of the problem if not actually come up with a fix for it yet (where to source a spare part). But you could say with some certainty what the problem actually is.

Rich