Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ibiza club 15" 3 way speakers and an Ekho RX800 Amplifier

  1. #11
    DJ Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Age
    44
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    They also have 2x 1/4 inch jack mic inputs.

    Make me an offer. I'm in a good mood, so make the most of it.
    £1.99..?? it is black friday after all...!! (just joking!)
    I'll have a think about it as it's way over my budget and wrong time of the year too

  2. #12
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Max View Post
    Have you ever used any of the budget ranges at all or would you even consider a budget setup as backup? Maybe QTX, Alto or sounlab?? Thanks for your help.
    Tee hee. For a while, I used a pair of QTX actives as frontline kit at smaller gigs. They're mainly backup now, but they'll be in action Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, along with my Alto TS 15 sub, which is thudding away next to me, as I type.

    As long as you observe their limits, they're perfectly acceptable cabs. They won't pin the punters to the back wall with the sound pressure, but they'll make a passably nice noise at a reasonable level.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Max View Post
    Thanks for your advice. 8" W-audio active, surley that you needed a Sub with those???!!
    Depends what you use them for.... in my case they've been used for background music, PA for speeches and parties in small venues (like pub function rooms) and house parties. I've used them outdoors at a public event with a sub and they coped amazingly well for their size!

    Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's, Quizes and more

  4. #14
    DJ Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Age
    44
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I have taken the risk and bought this amp and speakers mainly because I only paid £52 for them!! For the money they are great. The only problem is that they are a little low on bass (maybe itís because Iím used of good sound systems in night clubs). I was looking for an active sub to go with them and seen an 18 inch active QTX (QT18SA) which is in my budget. The only problem I have is that Iím not sure on how the best way to connect this as only comes with 1 in and 1 out link XLRís. My mixer has 2 sets of phono(rca) outputs and one set of XLR out put. I am using one of the phono sets to the amp already. If I buy this Sub can I just connect to either left or right channel XLR on my mixer? Is bass normally stereo? Any ideas would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

  5. #15
    DJ Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Age
    44
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Max View Post
    I have taken the risk and bought this amp and speakers mainly because I only paid £52 for them!! For the money they are great. The only problem is that they are a little low on bass (maybe itís because Iím used of good sound systems in night clubs). I was looking for an active sub to go with them and seen an 18 inch active QTX (QT18SA) which is in my budget. The only problem I have is that Iím not sure on how the best way to connect this as only comes with 1 in and 1 out link XLRís. My mixer has 2 sets of phono(rca) outputs and one set of XLR out put. I am using one of the phono sets to the amp already. If I buy this Sub can I just connect to either left or right channel XLR on my mixer? Is bass normally stereo? Any ideas would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
    I have now asked the question here: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...X-sound-QT18SA

  6. #16
    Mark 2 Version
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chester-le-Street
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Max View Post
    Thanks for your advice. 8" W-audio active, surley that you needed a Sub with those???!!
    I use a pair of these with a sub for probably 80% of gigs. I do mainly small rooms, but they cope well.

    Have HK, RCF and Mackie sitting in the garage but these fit the bill most of the time.

  7. #17
    DJ Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Age
    44
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I use a pair of these with a sub for probably 80% of gigs. I do mainly small rooms, but they cope well.

    Have HK, RCF and Mackie sitting in the garage but these fit the bill most of the time.
    Which Sub do you use? size, active or passive, make?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •