Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Lightconsole - Transport question

Default Lightconsole - Transport question

Hi Guys,

had posted in another thread as i was trying to see how everyone was getting on with transporting the Lightconsole around when housed in the UDG bag. Is it a two man job? Also, does anyone have the dimensions for the fully packed UDG bag and the overall weight of the unit.

i have been looking at the OPTI Control Station but this is still pretty big even when packed down. I am restricted at the moment to using a 2013 VW Passat for moving my own rig so need to think carefully about equipment. Is it time to buy another van!!

Thanks in advance for your help and input guys.

Iain

The bag is pretty much the dimensions that are listed online once it's full.

For any reasonable amount of stairs (one or 2 flights you could power through, but any more....) or narrow stairways then it's pretty much a 2 man job.

Bear in mind I don't take out the bottom shelf or side panels which saves quite a bit of weight and it's still a bit of a pain to move around.

Still look ALOT nice than that Fisher Price knock off that's just hit the shops

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

If you ever need to hide half a dozen bodies, the flightcase from Flightcase Warehouse should do the job.

At least when your back packs it in you can ride that to A&E Benny

Curious as to what that weighs when it's packed???

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    At least when your back packs it in you can ride that to A&E Benny

Curious as to what that weighs when it's packed???
    Believe it or not, no more than the UDG bag when packed (at least, not noticeably). It's just a big thing to lumber about.

I would never recommend for anyone to buy it (a combination of it's too big and a bad experience with FCWH), but it does have it's uses. Because of this flightcase and the flightcase for my four moving heads, I can pile stuff on and get everything from the van to the setup spot and vice-versa in three trips.

And the ramp I bought for the van helps a lot.