Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do we all charge on average.

Default How much do we all charge on average.

Hi on average I charge £180 for a 4 hour disco. But that's sometimes hard to get in birmingham.
    Always curious to see what other djs charge. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj brummie View Post
    Hi on average I charge £180 for a 4 hour disco. But that's sometimes hard to get in birmingham.
    Always curious to see what other djs charge. Cheers.
    Hard in Birmingham £180. I am from Birmingham and in the right places in the Birmingham you can 3 times that amount

Tough to answer as depends on equipment/show being used.

Typical 4 hour gig with three light effects and basic PA would be £170.00.

I'm sure there is cheaper and dearer out there.

I would say I have a decent setup. Also I spend 1000 a year on advertising. I just think it's so difficult if you are not getting regular work as a resident or being put forward by hotels or venues. Advice would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj brummie View Post
    I would say I have a decent setup. Also I spend 1000 a year on advertising. I just think it's so difficult if you are not getting regular work as a resident or being put forward by hotels or venues. Advice would be great.
    £1000 on advertising? Seems a lot. I hope your return is good on that. The only problem with being a resident is you have to be committed to that venue and I do not like being in that position and for that reason I do not do them. I only deal direct with the customer.

What you charge should have a relation to your costs.

You’ve got a £1000pa advertising cost, divide that by the number of gigs you do a year. Do the same for your PAT, PLI, petrol, music, equipment etc. That tells you how much it costs you to DJ which then gives you a bottom-line fee you have to charge above to make any profit.

Then you decide how much profit makes it worth your while.

I would charge £160 for 4hrs locally without extras. I'm in Norfolk and always booked. Price increase possible next year.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I would charge £160 for 4hrs locally without extras. I'm in Norfolk and always booked. Price increase possible next year.
    Blimey Mark - I get that in Norfolk and Suffolk for a two hour kid's party. It's no wonder you're always booked. I bet if you even rounded up to £200 you'd still have a full diary

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    What you charge should have a relation to your costs.

You’ve got a £1000pa advertising cost, divide that by the number of gigs you do a year. Do the same for your PAT, PLI, petrol, music, equipment etc. That tells you how much it costs you to DJ which then gives you a bottom-line fee you have to charge above to make any profit.

Then you decide how much profit makes it worth your while.

It all comes shockingly important and business like when you become completely self employed.
    I worked out that I was loosing more money than I earn at £200 ish many moons ago.

I currently charge £500 - 4 hours, £600 - 5 hours.
    Usually about £100 more with uplighting or similar, and 50% of clients choose them. .
    All days depend on ceremony times but vary from £900 - £1300.

I do about 80 events (1.7 gigs a week on average this year), which is as busy as I would like to be thats for sure.
    The best thing I ever did was increase my pricing from a circa £220 DJ to £400+ and invest in better marketing and training.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I DJ in Birmingham and for a typical 5 hour Birthday Party, we charge £275+. Weddings are at least £100 more than that for the same duration.

I'm from Tamworth, but do quite a lot in Birmingham and I don't get put forward by an agent or have a residency anywhere in Brum.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs