Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvet gig bar.

Default Chauvet gig bar.

I'm thinking of buying a chauvet gig bar. Would anyone recommend them. I want a nice easy light setup. Info would be great. Thanks

Young Mr Neen ( Deltic ) has one, and is so impressed with it, he's contemplating buying another one. If he sees this, I'm sure he'll give us his views.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Dj brummie View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a chauvet gig bar. Would anyone recommend them. I want a nice easy light setup. Info would be great. Thanks
    I am hearing lots of good reports on these. The jury is still out for me at the moment. I am just slightly worried that they are a bit "Mickey Mouse". I would like to be proved wrong and will watch with interest to see how they do perform of the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I am just slightly worried that they are a bit "Mickey Mouse". I would like to be proved wrong and will watch with interest to see how they do perform of the next few weeks.
    So was I. I saw the Chauvet swarm first, and loved it to bits. I believed the gig bar would lose out to it, but I have to say I can understand why users are raving about it. Very impressive in the flesh I'd strongly recommend seeing it live.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I concur with what has been said,have had mine quite a few weeks and it does what it says on the tin and provides adequate lighting for my gigs,it's never going to fill a stadium but for what it is absolutely bang on.

For the purpose of symmetry probably going to invest in a second one.

The gig bar is my lighting of choice at the moment although I do have a selection of other lighting to choose from if I fancy a change but at the moment and the functios I do the gig bar is definitely doing it for me,but I do understand it may not be everybody's cup of wotsit......horses for courses I suppose.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    I concur with what has been said,have had mine quite a few weeks and it does what it says on the tin and provides adequate lighting for my gigs,it's never going to fill a stadium but for what it is absolutely bang on.

For the purpose of symmetry probably going to invest in a second one.

The gig bar is my lighting of choice at the moment although I do have a selection of other lighting to choose from if I fancy a change but at the moment and the functios I do the gig bar is definitely doing it for me,but I do understand it may not be everybody's cup of wotsit......horses for courses I suppose.
    []

Got mine last week and done 4 gigs with it now (from the standard village hall to a social club with 200 people) - it's a brilliant bit of kit and I can't fault it.
    I too am looking at purchasing a second one for symmetry and for backup. They look even better if you can get a little haze going over them - it just makes the Derby's and the laser look so much better . What's even better is that it's out of its bags, up and lit in little over a minute.

Like Deltic - it's the rig of choice at the moment for me too (I've got loads of lights in the store and they haven't seen the light of day since I got the GigBar).

Thanks for all the information guys. I do need to see one live first. As I have said I have made up my own at the moment which does take slightly longer to set up. I have a slight problem with it in as much as it doesn't quite go as high as I would like it. Could someone confirm the max height that the bar can be raised to please.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

The Gigbar does look good. I just wish that it didn't have a laser...

Stand is 1.5 to 2.5 metres.

As for the laser - you don't have to have it running (there's a key and an override toggle you need to operate to even turn it on)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Stand is 1.5 to 2.5 metres.

As for the laser - you don't have to have it running (there's a key and an override toggle you need to operate to even turn it on)
    Thanks for that. I take it you just raise it manually?