Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chauvet gig bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    My flight of fancy is even simpler. Two swarms on a bar, and there you go. Can't see it ever happening, but I can dream.

Martin, after many views, I realise what you've done there. Very clever, well done. Took a long while for the penny to drop. Only negative for me is circular pars. Much food for thought, though. Hmmmmm................
    Yep, just popped the two end pars onto the fittings for extra lights on top, even without the Cheetahs I prefer to use it like that now, breaks up that ‘all in a row’ look.

I know what you mean about the Dotz circular pars, I wasn’t sure myself at first, but I really like them now.

Have you seen it in action, in the flesh?
    I don't need to. I can see the effect it produces and the way it looks already.

Nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    I don't need to. I can see the effect it produces and the way it looks already.

Nasty.
    I repeat. I thought exactly what you've said there. Exactly. Then I saw it in action. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I repeat. I thought exactly what you've said there. Exactly. Then I saw it in action. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
    Very patronising.

I have my own opinions thank you. I can see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    Very patronising.

I have my own opinions thank you. I can see what it looks like.
    Never intended to be patronising. Not my style.

Just trying to make it clear how much of a " Road to Damascus moment " seeing it in action in a venue is.

My views were just as strongly held as yours, but I had to change my mind. It happens. We may disagree on this. It happens. No blood will be spilt.

I have to say, I'm with Darren on this one.

Martin's "home made" one is far more aesthetically pleasing (& probably more effective)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I have to say, I'm with Darren on this one.

Martin's "home made" one is far more aesthetically pleasing (& probably more effective)
    I disagree entirely. I hate the round pars. Awful looking. Like Renault Twingo headlights. It is of coure, undoubtedly more powerful, with four pars, and two very bright moonflowers ( I often use the Stairville and the same flowers, in a very similar fashion. )

Different strokes for different folks, obviously. Be a dull old world if we all agreed.

Would now be a good time to point out that pars are traditionally round (& have been since their inception)? It's only over the last few years that square ones have started showing up.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Strange as it may sound I have considered getting one - I thought for the non-wedding ‘favour’ gig where mainly chart music is required (got one tonight as it happens) or kids parties it’d be even quicker and easier than my own creation (which does take a bit of assembling and needs more than one bag).

I’ve no doubt the punters would be more than happy with it as they don’t really care about lights as much as we do but I need to think it’s OK too. At the moment I’m convinced it’ll just look like a pair of Derby’s, a couple of pars and a cheap laser and strobe, but perhaps the programming elevates it above that. For the cost of less than one gig and if it gets used 4 or 5 times a year and saves me time and effort (which I’m really keen on) it might be a goer.

But no point in me discussing it further without trying it out - so I’m going to go and hire one now for tonight and will report back with my findings (venue is literally 3 minutes away from me so an early set-up and test still gives me time to nip home for my other lighting if it’s seriously lacking).

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Would now be a good time to point out that pars are traditionally round (& have been since their inception)? It's only over the last few years that square ones have started showing up.
    Luddite. Embrace technology and get up to date.