Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Website Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Dance N Time View Post
    just a wee note, read a comment about someone complaining about using the word "Company", so if I have registered with companies house and pay tax every year. Does that mean i have a Company ....lol
    That be me! Dazzy has covered most points so I won't repeat, you can check on their website if a company exists and even order copies of some of their important financial documents. I did a quick check and didn't find any companies using your trading name hence I have made the assumption that you like many wrongly assume you have a Company.

I feel the compulsion to add that Ltd companies and PLCs can sell shares in their business to raise money!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I feel the compulsion to add that Ltd companies and PLCs can sell shares in their business to raise money!
    Whilst this is true there are some differences. A Private Limited Company (Ltd) can issue shares with no minimum value whereas a Public Limited Company (PLC) has to offer a minimum of £50,000 Sterling (or the Euro equivalent) of share value. They also need a trading from Companies House which proves they have the company value to offer these shares. After all, no-one is going to pay £1million in shares for a company valued at £1!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

This guy DJ's pubs so could probably not give a flying about whether he can use the word company or not.
    Saying that i could not care either. point made - so lets get on with the question he asked and give him some decent advice

My one piece of advice would be to change the photo of you in the "about us" to a decent normal one as you look like hanibal lecture which may have been funny at the event you were at but it may be confusing and off-putting to potential clients.

You advertise a range of services which is fine at your price level, but I can't see a load of people dressed up like avatar attracting even 1% of wedding or christening clients. The one of the girl with the ornage band on your Facebook is perfect. Look on Istock for decent stock pics.

Ditch the images with text and add some decent photos and put the text in the site as thats more SEO friendly.

Again imagery is evything so i would suggest people having fun rather than some beats by dre headphones (which are crap for the money anyway )

Love the contact page as it shows you have a real address and landline.
    Otherwise nice site with NO empty dance floor pictures or kit lists!!
    Last edited by yourdj; 15-01-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

These ones look ok (in my opinion):

Name:  12449_238669049676343_8143096545038564156_n.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  33.4 KBName:  1908357_238670186342896_7490470913036365045_n.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  41.2 KB

A better version of this (one that does not look like you are late for the gig) would also be good in the about us (minus the scarf).
    I would also drop all the photos of the pubs as it won't attract any private function clients.

Name:  a9cf6775d32046c9fbd378dd507b09b4.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  37.3 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Yes but I think that 2nd photo is at a hotel In Dudley, west midlands and I believe its a local Dj James promotions

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Yes but I think that 2nd photo is at a hotel In Dudley, west midlands and I believe its a local Dj James promotions
    Yup. Google knows (TM)

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Yup. Google knows (TM)
    Or it could be a South Californian DJ!

Along with about 60 other websites where that particular image is featured according to Google Reverse Image Search. I wonder how many are using the image legitimately?
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I look at stuff i did 6 months ago and wonder what possessed me to design it that way etc.
    QFT

Snap mate - I did my first website then came back to it a few months later with teh phrase "what was I thinking"
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture