Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Numark controller

Default Numark controller

http://www.sessionmusic.co.uk/produc...jqIaAmA48P8HAQ

My local is looking at buying this mixer, it has two USB input switchable to output, does this mean that you can use a seperate cable for each USB from the laptop to the mixer thus removing the need for two soundcards, or would you need two laptops/ inputs for the same full control effect.

Thanks in advance.

Or can you recommend a mixer/controller that has at least 3 mic outputs, XLR outputs to amp, headphone outputs x 1, and a dual soundcard input from laptop in the £250 price range?
    Please.

He is running Virtual DJ by the way.

He has asked me as because I am a DJ he assumes I am technically clever. He is wrong. I know music and people, not technology
    Last edited by Excalibur; 27-12-2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Merged posts

3 Mic channels is the deal breaker for my first suggestion, and the £250 limit kills my second. The one you've linked to fulfills all your stipulations, and if it works as some of the Numark USB mixers I've seen, each USB cable supplies one audio channel from the laptop. ( More clued up souls may say it can do more than that, but it will at least do what you want.
    Although it has three mic channels, you'll lose line inputs when using them, as they're shared with each other.

If space and mobility weren't an issue, I'd suggest a Studiomaster Fusion mixer, which gives three dedicated mic channels, with effects, and four audio. The laptop side could be dealt with by an external USB soundcard, and a DJ2GO. ( Mind you, the Numark mixer doesn't have play buttons, so technically, the DJ2GO is optional ) This would go slightly over budget, unless you went second hand.

Let's hope more suggestions are forthcoming.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    3 Mic channels is the deal breaker for my first suggestion, and the £250 limit kills my second. The one you've linked to fulfills all your stipulations, and if it works as some of the Numark USB mixers I've seen, each USB cable supplies one audio channel from the laptop. ( More clued up souls may say it can do more than that, but it will at least do what you want.
    Although it has three mic channels, you'll lose line inputs when using them, as they're shared with each other.

If space and mobility weren't an issue, I'd suggest a Studiomaster Fusion mixer, which gives three dedicated mic channels, with effects, and four audio. The laptop side could be dealt with by an external USB soundcard, and a DJ2GO. ( Mind you, the Numark mixer doesn't have play buttons, so technically, the DJ2GO is optional ) This would go slightly over budget, unless you went second hand.

Let's hope more suggestions are forthcoming.
    Although you are a wee bit older than me, I am more of a dinasour than you Are you suggesting he buys a mixer to plug into a mixer?
    I was looking at the DJ2go but the outputs were not up to spec. I cant even see how it connects to the amp.

And what do you suggest if price could be comprimised?
    Last edited by Excalibur; 28-12-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by little al View Post
    Although you are a wee bit older than me, I am more of a dinasour than you Are you suggesting he buys a mixer to plug into a mixer?
    I was looking at the DJ2go but the outputs were not up to spec. I cant even see how it connects to the amp.

And what do you suggest if price could be comprimised?
    OK, here goes in the first instalment of the optically challenged, leading the visually impaired.
    Perfect world scenario first. Buy this. Ditch all other mixers in the venue.
    Then buy one of these Others are available, but higher quality will mean a higher price. Do not be tempted by the £3.50 jobbies on Ebay, as they won't adequately do what you want. This connects by USB to the laptop, and gives two pairs of RCA ( phono ) outputs, which go into two channels on the mixer. That's your sound sorted.

Now the DJ2GO. This doesn't have a soundcard in it, ( which is why you can't connect it to a mixer, cos it doesn't do that ) which some have said is the biggest missed opportunity in the DJ world for a long time. Although it has more controls, it is basically a pair of play/pause buttons. If he's been managing without these buttons so far, this may be regarded as an optional extra.

That's option one. Here's one from leftfield. In many ways, it's far better. Spacewise, not so good.
    Playout. Note that the one microphone input it has may as well not exist. For our purposes, it's useless.
    Now the clever bit. I'm guessing that because you want three mic channels, the dreaded Karaoke is in there somewhere. Ideally for that, you want a mixer with effects ( FX ) on the mic channels. here you go. The mixtrack will plug into an input on here which doesn't go through one of the sliders on the bottom. There should be a choice of two. This means that all adjustments of tone are done on the mixtrack. You now have four dedicated mic channels, with mute, and individually variable effects. The output from the behringer then goes to the PA system.

I bet that's confused you even more. Sorry. I would strongly suggest that you don't do anything rash, like spending money, until you're sure that what you're buying will do what you want. Never be afraid of asking more questions on here. It costs nothing.

Very helpful, thank you so much. The first option looks good, I was doing some digging after your first reply and came up with the same soundcard as well, that was to be my next question. Yes karaoke is on the cards. Basically all the gear belongs to the pub, but I am the only one to use it, however the tight bugger won't pay too much for anything, so I can't buy the stuff that I would use outside of the venue. He bought a DJ kit comprising everything in a box, brand new for about £1500 about 5 years ago, it has lasted well but is on its last legs, I am trying to update it a bit at a time so the boss doesn't have a heart attack when I spend his money

Quote Originally Posted by little al View Post
    Very helpful, thank you so much. The first option looks good, I was doing some digging after your first reply and came up with the same soundcard as well, that was to be my next question. Yes karaoke is on the cards. Basically all the gear belongs to the pub, but I am the only one to use it, however the tight bugger won't pay too much for anything, so I can't buy the stuff that I would use outside of the venue. He bought a DJ kit comprising everything in a box, brand new for about £1500 about 5 years ago, it has lasted well but is on its last legs, I am trying to update it a bit at a time so the boss doesn't have a heart attack when I spend his money
    Thought Karaoke might be part of the cunning plan.

DJIO. It's not the best, it's not the worst. It does the job adequately, I used one for a long time with no significant problems. ( The stereo IO only has one channel, that's why it's cheaper. )

The studiomaster fusion is often regarded as the best all-in-one DJ and Karaoke mixer. All that's missing with these two are the play buttons. These can be provided courtesy of the DJ2GO, if you decide you need them.

The mixtrack/Behringer combo offers more flexibility, but can look more than a little daunting, as both are awash with buttons. It is possible to ignore many of them, quite successfully.

Have a look, think things over, and if at all possible, have a look at stuff in the flesh. The mixtrack may be in dealers showrooms, and see if you can find anyone with one of the big Behringer mixers. They're basically all very similar, so the general principles are the same.

Good luck.

Studiomaster and DJIO ordered, should be delivered on Tuesday, thanks.