Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: "Upgrading" my speakers - please give me a reason...

Default "Upgrading" my speakers - please give me a reason...

Hello everyone.

Might be a bit of a daft question but I hope someone can explain it to me. I currently have 2 x Mackie SRM450 (MK1) and 2 x DB Technologies Opera Sub 15 subwoofers (The 800W originals....not the 15D). I have had this setup for years and it is still working fine. I have just purchased some second hand RCF 722 tops (MK1) as they are lighter and sound better...now I'm eye-balling my trusty subs...thinking RCF 905...I got the itch....

Can someone please tell me if this will be an upgrade or a waste of money? I looked at the spec and the RCF's are 131dB vs DB 133dB (Not that I cane them or anything). Weight is about the same....31KGs......what am I missing? Are my old speakers actually better?

I just did a search and found some new 722 MK2 on sale and heavily discounted (£1338/pair). I am yet to pay for the MK1s (Cost me £900).

Aprt from the warranty advantage..should I get the MK2 instead? I compared specs on the RCF website (722 mk1 vs 722 mk2) and the spec looks the same to me...in fact the MK2 are heavier...where is the upgrade?

Hope I'm making sense and someone can clarify for me. Are these speakers actually upgrades?

Thank you
    Last edited by soundsalarming; 12-01-2015 at 05:29 PM.