Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serato DJ without controller?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    tracked down to electrical noise from the smoke machine and affected my USB DMX
    My friends ADJ VMS jammed the other day when he unplugged the smoke machine.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Thanks Jules

The PC is an Intel i3 3.4GHz on Asus motherboard with 4Gb RAM, a 64Gb SSD Boot drive and a 320Gb storage drive - which is more than enough to hold my music. It has a NVidea Gforce graphics card (not onboard graphics)

The PC does have onboard soundcard as well. Interestingly, when it stopped working on Saturday, the soundcard in the Mixtrack Pro II was still feeding the audio into the mixer while I was using Mixx on the PC to play tracks, but Serato would not recognise it as connected.

Also interestingly when I booted the PC the next day, not only did The Mixtrack work fine, but Mixx would also resize to fit my screen properly!!

I do have a spare USB lead

I do have use of a Numark DJ2GO controller as well (it's my roadies) but Serato will not recognise it

Yes there is stuff switching on and off, it's a mobile disco after all, so things like Smoke and Lasers do get turned on and off during the night.

I'm putting all this down to Saturday Night gremlins

Regards licensing - I'm using the free version of Serato you can download for nothing anywhay, so don't quite understand the logic of this being an anti-piracy issue.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by dicky View Post
    Regards licensing - I'm using the free version of Serato you can download for nothing anywhay, so don't quite understand the logic of this being an anti-piracy issue.

Rich
    You need to buy the full version. I thought after 14 days the trial version totally stopped anyway, perhaps it just logs the controller off after a while. Either way the trial is not a free programme for commercial use.

Hmmm when I bought the Numark it came bundled with Serato Intro for 'free'.... no mention of it expiring

I had to enter the serial number of my controller when I downloaded it.