Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photobooth printer, software setup etc

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    That's what he used to do, nightclub photos. He's done one wedding and I think he felt it was too much stress as he already does a full time job.
    Yes he's been thinking about how to get rid of those crinkles, he did iron it before setting it up but I'll leave that problem with him!

It's tricky to know really, I can't believe how much you can charge for a photo booth - It's a similar cost perhaps to starting out with a disco if you get a good camera and printer etc but it seems they still charge £250-350 which seems a lot for the work involved! I would meet the client beforehand, spend time with music before and do twice as many hours on the night for a few quid more!

Good idea with barriers though
    According to my limited local research its about £4-500 with guestbook, green screen and video etc!
    They are very popular so people are paying for them! its more the memory as well as giving guests something to do.

i have a printer now, well two actually as they finished at similar times. One is for back up and home use they other is the work horse.
    I will wait until darrens lighter one comes up for sale SH as I can see me getting sick of haling about a 17kg beast (as opposed to his quicker/smaller 13k one).

£210 for an £800 printer aint bad assuming it works ok?? Come with some supplies too apparently?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3612163049...1570&ext=28296

£37 for my Selphy, which area about £110 new so another deal there too.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2913794551...1570&ext=28296

Got everything I need now at about 30% of my budget
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

Got everything I need now at about 30% of my budget
    Always good!

Are you doing the booth yourself is that the plan or are you getting it all together then paying somebody a few quid to man it for the night?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    £37 for my Selphy, which area about £110 new so another deal there too.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2913794551...1570&ext=28296
    Hi Toby

How have you found the Selphy printer - ive been looking at one for a cheap start up option, i know the print cost is around 22p per sheet but how is the quality
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Don't even bother going there, especially if its going to be unattended. its slow temperamental and very expensive.
    Worth getting or even leasing a decent mitsubishi/DNP printer. Better quality too.

You need dye sub. End of.

Please don't buy a cheap domestic printer to run a professional photo booth. It doesn't work.

Default Photobooth

Firstly is it one word or two?

Secondly with a more comprehensive question, I've been looking into running a Photo booth by doing some initial costing and market research online... is it true that start-up costs are around the £3k mark?

Thirdly and finally for now, I realise it depends on your region of the UK but how many bookings could I expect/are operators pulling in at/every 3, 6, 9 and 12 months? Price-wise I'd look to sit in the middle of the competitors around my region.

Any useful guide on the breaking even point would be of interest, thank you.
    Last edited by djrikki; 04-01-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djrikki View Post
    Firstly is it one word or two?

Secondly with a more comprehensive question, I've been looking into running a Photo booth by doing some initial costing and market research online... is it true that start-up costs are around the £3k mark?

Thirdly and finally for now, I realise it depends on your region of the UK but how many bookings could I expect/are operators pulling in at/every 3, 6, 9 and 12 months? Price-wise I'd look to sit in the middle of the competitors around my region.

Any useful guide on the breaking even point would be of interest, thank you.
    I would say 5k is a better budget.
    How many booking? depends how you advertise to be honest. I got my money back in 13 booking and got 18 booked for 2016

Maybe not in the first year, but is 25-30 bookings a realistic expectation year on year? Unlike discos I don't expect it to be a weekly occurence - but with no first hand knowledge happy to be wrong.

I have not pushed it and ours has gone out about 15 times so far.
    More than enough to pay back my investment.

As to the future of them who knows - looking towards America is probably the best bet as they are at least 2 years ahead.
    You don't want to go and buy something that will be old hat in a years time as things have moved on or even possibly died?

Anyone seen a chocolate fountain recently?