Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New setup

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    In my humble opinion, good decision (although I would still have been interested to see how they turned out)!

If it helps, I use silver gaffer tape to permantly tape my IEC and DMX cables to the ladders of my plinths. Easier on the cables than cable ties and and since it's silver, nobody is the wiser. Really helpful for a quicker setup too.
    Like that idea. Plinths are a new concept to me so I'll give that one a go....anything for a quicker setup

Out of interest, do you use any other lighting?

You've seen what I'm going for....white star cloth on booth, pair of Spherions (white ones now) and a pair of moving heads, all plinth mounted.
    I'm used to having overhead/bar mounted stuff in the setup so at the moment it feels like something's going to be missing. Bear in mind this is only supposed to be a tasteful wedding setup, normal run of the mill stuff will still have the full works and kids parties will still be fronted with Showtec light boxes

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Like that idea. Plinths are a new concept to me so I'll give that one a go....anything for a quicker setup

Out of interest, do you use any other lighting?

You've seen what I'm going for....white star cloth on booth, pair of Spherions (white ones now) and a pair of moving heads, all plinth mounted.
    I'm used to having overhead/bar mounted stuff in the setup so at the moment it feels like something's going to be missing. Bear in mind this is only supposed to be a tasteful wedding setup, normal run of the mill stuff will still have the full works and kids parties will still be fronted with Showtec light boxes
    I think you'll be more than fine with that. For my plinth show, it's four plinths with ADJ QA 38 Pars as uplighters, a moving head on each, LED bars to light up the LiteConsole and a couple of moving head washes on the floor. If you wanted to add a bit more colour to your technical area, you can use some LED bars on the wall behind you, but I'm of the opinion that wedges will be more than capable. I've actually stopped using LED bars behind me for the plinth shows as my ADJ QAPar 38 do a good job (I do use the bars for the full gantry though).

Don't panic. Remember, you're going for the less is more look and whilst the headbangers are not a personal preference of mine, I still think that it'll look like a good show.

I'll feel easier after Saturday night once I've had it all out in real life (gulp..entirely new lightshow in one go....what could possibly go wrong!?)

Actually looking forward to the wedges turning up tomorrow - I've heard a lot of good things about how bright they are, and I suppose this then makes the trusses themselves part of the light show.

Staggs have just arrived - they'll more than do for what I want. Unbelievably bright (and they won't look out of place on the pliths either - they're bigger than I was expecting)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    pair of Spherions (white ones now)
    Did you see ADJ just announced RGBWA Spherions (and called them Starbursts?)

Not available for a while yet from what I've been told...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Did you see ADJ just announced RGBWA Spherions (and called them Starbursts?)
    Yes - shortly after I'd put the phone down on DJKit to place my order

Never mind, the Spherions are going to achieve the result I'm after. They arrive along with the Chauvet wedges tomorrow and then I can take it for a test drive on Saturday

OK - here goes....

First time out with the new wedding rig. Everything working in master/slave Sound Active unfortunately (need to get onto the DMX side of things), but I'm really happy with this one.

Shame I was in such a pokey room that I had to have the speakers so close (with the value of hindsight I could have got away with putting them under the booth for this evening's job).

Open to comments and criticisms

Name:  10947213_1446170228938696_3486035371250874794_n.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  15.2 KB

wanna talk me through the kit?
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    wanna talk me through the kit?
    Can do

Lighting: 2 x Stagg Headbangers on back podiums, 2 x Spherions on the front. All podiums lit with Chauvet Wedge Tri's
    Sound: 2 x Yamaha DXR15's (would have been better under the booth for this one), VMS4.1 for the desk.
    Booth: Gorilla lightweight with an Exquinox star cloth overlaid with the white lycra.

Doesn't sound like much in the way of lighting, but it surprised me. The podiums are as bright as hell with those wedges in the bottom, and the Staggs are like looking into the sun. It actually gives off as much light as having my old overhead bar full of par cans.

The aim now is to get everything running on DMX instead of S2L to make it just that little bit more special

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Bring your rear plinths forward but other than that, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Bring your rear plinths forward but other than that, it looks great.
    How far Benny? Level with the rear of the booth (i.e. where the speakers are?)
    Was one of those nights on Saturday where people like to wander behind the booth so didn't want any chance of someone walking into them which is why they're against the wall.

Mind you....if I put them at the back end of the booth it's going to make the cable runs a lot shorter