Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Solo CD 300 Amp

Default Solo CD 300 Amp

As I deal with the pub trade a lot in my day job I often acquire stuff for free and one of the recent things I got is this Solo CD300 Amplifier

I can't find any info on this - I suspect it is a regular PA Amp - it's quite hefty, 1/2 19" rack size and 'made in england'

Google is not my friend on this occasion

I'd just connect some peakers and an audio source to it but then I worried if it s a 100V line amplifier

I confess to knowing nothing about 100V line. I powered it on and couldn't read any voltage across the speaker terminals (no audio source).

Anyone seen one of these before and know anything about it?

Pics attached

Cheers
    Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images   

No worries - I've opened it up and examined the circuit board

From the output devices its a regular stereo PA

Assumed Spec from output device datasheets:
    56W RMS/100W Peak into 8 Ohm per channel with extremely low THD values of 0.06% at 56W/8ohm over the full audio range

It has gain, bass and treble presets internally. The jack on the back is for an (optional) remote volume/mute

Rich

There were a few of the pub giants that had there own PA units made. One that springs to mind, (as I've got one of them), is the TSR150X which was made for Toby pubs. They had lots of input options, remote volume control (RVC) and EQ all over the place and only about 75W at 4Ω per channel all in a 1U case.
    I'd imagine the one you've got there is something very similar but for another pub company.

Quite possibly.

I don't have the RVC but I played around with it today by linking different value resistors between the contacts marked RVC on the back (connecting black to red for each channel)

The higher the value resistor, the louder it is. It seems to reach max output at about 47K resistor value.

If you don't put any resistors in you get a second of quiet sound on power up, then it fades to nothing