Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's you current playout setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Fair comment and point taken.

Swear I saw other people post comments (not here and not naming names) but no problem at all.
    There’s been plenty of people saying they’ll use it for DJing - someone usually puts them right : )

Apart from that I wouldn’t want to rely on streaming when playing live.

Lappy running Mixxx, Hercules rmx controller plugged into Numark cd Bluetooth. If software crashes or hercules rmx packs up, neither of which has happened yet, I can switch to cds which I always have with me.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    There’s been plenty of people saying they’ll use it for DJing - someone usually puts them right : )

Apart from that I wouldn’t want to rely on streaming when playing live.

Fair play lol.

To be honest I know where you're coming from. I personally wouldn't want to run the risk of a tune dropping in and out due to poor signal. If anything I would download the song and play it after, but I don't plan on doing this seeing that it's not for commercial use. Trying to be above board as I tried to do years a go.

Can always download a track that is paid for and use that instead. If I havent got in my collection then it was a needed track anyway. lol

Laptop running ultramixer 4 , VSM4
    Backup , laptop running Ultramixer 4 , Creative external sound card Alesis mixer

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Denon MC6000. Had it three years and while it shows its age in appearance it still works without any faults. Think they still go for around £600 however as I said mine is still going strong and I've easily done 200+ events with it...
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I've like the idea of a controller and software but I don't know if I can trust a laptop.
    Loads of people say that (I just think they are people who buy crap PC's or won't embrace new technology?),
    I have never had any serious issues with MacBooks - solid as. Much more reliable than my CD'js were - especially the HD2500.

A decent spec Macbook pro is an industry standard now (and a decent PC will not do you wrong)
    I use my Macbook for everything. Backup is now a second macbook and ipad with DJAY.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Loads of people say that (I just think they are people who buy crap PC's or won't embrace new technology?), I have never had any serious issues with MacBooks - solid as. Much more reliable than my CD'js were - especially the HD2500.A decent spec Macbook pro is an industry standard now (and a decent PC will not do you wrong) I use my Macbook for everything. Backup is now a second macbook and ipad with DJAY.
    Fair comment.To be fair, I'm all up for trying new things, but I prefer others to spend the money, try things out then if all goes well, then look into making the chance.

Already been looking at laptops, MacBooks ect just to get an idea on price. Not bought a laptop for a fair few years so need to see what's on the market. Think I'll go for a windows based laptop running windows 7 to be honest. Change the hd over to a large ssd so no spinning discs and go as big. Have a backup ssd just in case. Can never have too much back up lol.

Quite liking the digital route. Smaller, more compact and lighter. Only real weight will be the rest of the kit.

Looks like im going up against the Denon crowd here:

My gear is probably a little lower spec and less specific

Use NUC PC with Windows 8 and Virtual DJ8
    Backup is Toshiba Laptop running same

Use a Hercules RMX and a Behringer X1204 usb mixer
    I carry a spare external sound card and behringer q1002usb mixer
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    Looks like im going up against the Denon crowd here:

My gear is probably a little lower spec and less specific

Use NUC PC with Windows 8 and Virtual DJ8
    Backup is Toshiba Laptop running same

Use a Hercules RMX and a Behringer X1204 usb mixer
    I carry a spare external sound card and behringer q1002usb mixer
    Why the NUC? Wouldn't a laptop of the same spec be about the same price by the time you add all the necessary extras? I'm just curious because I've considered using a small form factor PC too - to be honest it'd be blimmin great being able to use a nice big monitor.

One system consists of:-
    Purpose built, rack mount PC
    Mix Vibes U-Mix Control Pro 2 with Cross software
    Denon DNS 1200 CD players

The other system:-
    Citronic Hawaii Iv

And over the last few months the "other" system is the one that's had more use. Much more use! Retro nights, solely on vinyl. Flashing spot boxes, ropelights and fuzz lights!