Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Organising your music

Well I recently installed a new copy of Windows 7 for only £35, well chuffed with that, so I can now make a start ripping the CD's.

Going to be a long and tedious job but has to be done, and done right first time.

I would personally pay someone to do it for me. Someone out of work (or a student needing some pocket money) with a couple of days on their hands. set a fee for each CD and do something else (unless you enjoy it)?

I am like that with DMX. I have better things to do than sit in a room all day tweaking my knobs.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I would personally pay someone to do it for me. Someone out of work (or a student needing some pocket money) with a couple of days on their hands. set a fee for each CD and do something else (unless you enjoy it)?

I am like that with DMX. I have better things to do than sit in a room all day tweaking my knobs.

lol. If I had someone I could trust I would, but I think I'll just do it myself lol

Ohh I used to love programming DMX on my laptop. Set everything up, stand included and just sit there and program everything. Only had 3 programs (fast, medium and slow) so I upload that to the ryger foot controller and just use my feet to press the buttons leaving my hands free to do everything else. Was also able to control the lights on the fly. For example, one venue has a mirror ball which was on and working but the lights had failed. Pointed my X-moves led moving heads to the mirror ball for the first dance. No one expected that and it looked awesome.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    The thought of having someone else doing my DMX'ing for me makes me want to cry. It's a horrid job, but once it's done...

I'm clearly a control freak!