Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking card payments and Important issue with PayPal!

Default Taking card payments and Important issue with PayPal!

So I had a client today who had been trying to pay via my paypal with 3 different cards but each time refused. He had money so it wasnt a balance issue. Client called his bank who said that they had authorised payments on all occasions and that its a issue with paypal.

Eventually I just got client to do bank transfer. It made me wonder though. So I called paypal who made me aware that (if a client tries to pay with paypal without having a paypal account, then that said client only has a limited number of times they can do it without opening a paypal!! ) i am sure a few folk here have told clients yeah use use card without a paypal account to pay?! Well NOT SO IT SEEMS!! Use it once, twice maybe 3 times yeah! Use it more then no chance unless you open a paypal account.

I had thought about using card machine from paypal as the fees are lower than if you use a invoice, but they dont work with nokia lumia apparently. Anyone got any ideas? Obv cash, but some folk prefer card and some folk dont want a paypal account like this client.

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post

I had thought about using card machine from paypal as the fees are lower than if you use a invoice, but they dont work with nokia lumia apparently. Anyone got any ideas? Obv cash, but some folk prefer card and some folk dont want a paypal account like this client.
    Check out INTUIT PAY. I've used it for a while. There's no monthly fee, and the charge is 2.75% per transaction. The online payment gateway is very easy to use so taking payments over the phone is quick. http://www.intuit.co.uk/accept-card-...intuit-pay.jsp

Between PAYPAL, INTUIT & BANK TRANSFER, I think I've got enough options for accepting payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Check out INTUIT PAY. I've used it for a while. There's no monthly fee, and the charge is 2.75% per transaction. The online payment gateway is very easy to use so taking payments over the phone is quick. http://www.intuit.co.uk/accept-card-...intuit-pay.jsp

Between PAYPAL, INTUIT & BANK TRANSFER, I think I've got enough options for accepting payment.
    Yes I use Intuit Pay via IPhone and ipad and works perfect

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Yes I use Intuit Pay via IPhone and ipad and works perfect
    Plus 1 for Intuit.

Pretty sure I got it around the same time as Shaun as there was a freebie offer on the card reader at the time. Always been reliable and no problems . The no monthly fee and 2.75% suits me just fine.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Thanks guys. I have opened a account😊 only issue I am having now it using the card reader on a Nokia Lumia. Most need I phone/pad or android. Sure I can just purchase one though. 😏

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    Thanks guys. I have opened a account only issue I am having now it using the card reader on a Nokia Lumia. Most need I phone/pad or android. Sure I can just purchase one though. 
    Purchasing the card reader is optional, and only needed for face to face transactions. For the most part, I only use Intuit when the client wants to makes payment over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Plus 1 for Intuit.

Pretty sure I got it around the same time as Shaun as there was a freebie offer on the card reader at the time. Always been reliable and no problems . The no monthly fee and 2.75% suits me just fine.
    Me too but I've only started using the card reader as it the app wasn't compatible with my HTC One X. It works fine with my new Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, though. Prior to this, like Shaun, I just used the online virtual terminal. It's a cheap and easy payment solution with a flat rate of 2.75% per transaction.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I use WorldpayZinc - and got a discounted card reader via a NADJ offer, but have only used it once.

I find people seem happier to complete a payment request via email link, rather than reading out card number over the phone for me to input.

The only issue I've had is where a couple of Natwest cards declined to pay: the client called their bank and (allegedly) it was becuase Natwest's security didn't recognise Worldpay.

This problem reoccurred once, then Natwest cards haen't been a problem since - i do however ask clients if they've got a Natwest card in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Boy View Post
    I use WorldpayZinc

I find people seem happier to complete a payment request via email link, rather than reading out card number over the phone for me to input.
    How does that work Jonny? I like that idea too, but can't find any info of it on the WorldpayZIC FAQ. All it mentions is the ability to take payments face to face or over the phone.