Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Drupal based websites and SEO / Google performance

Default Drupal based websites and SEO / Google performance

This is one for the web experts. Is there any basic reason why a Drupal based reactive web site would not perform well with Google, or is it just down to the individual SEO on the site?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

While not a web expert I have similar issues with my Wix site. I've spent an age doing the content and running it through SEO testers etc but still cant get a reasonable organic search position.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Using Drupal as your CMS of choice shouldn't make any difference, as long as the templates / themes / modules etc. are setup correctly and the appropriate page titles, descriptions, heading tags etc. are all present and correct.

Most Wordpress sites use the Yoast SEO plugin, I imagine there's something similar for Drupal (quick Google: http://www.creativebloq.com/20-best-...es-seo-6133890).

Wix is different. Historically dreadful for SEO, but apparently getting better. I personally wouldn't recommend them, though. Another quick Google: http://moz.com/community/q/wix-is-it-any-good-for-seo

I also wouldn't recommend having background music that plays when the page loads either. Some people really hate that
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 09-02-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: fix a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    While not a web expert I have similar issues with my Wix site. I've spent an age doing the content and running it through SEO testers etc but still cant get a reasonable organic search position.
    From a quick look here http://www.attackthedancefloor.co.uk...services/c2387 it seems like there might be too much keyword repetition for Google's liking. I won't claim I'm an SEO guru but I've helped a couple of sites get good rankings in recent times. Most SEO 'how to' texts state that Google is more likely to rank a site lower when they do this kind of thing. E.g. "Wedding disco, engagement disco, fun disco, professional disco, disco disco, disco disco disco"...

I ran your site through a quick free SEO analyser & it reckoned there were no HTML headings. There might be nothing you can do about that with a Wix site, but folks seem to think that header tags are now an essential tool in the SEO armoury.

If your keywords don't reflect enough of the content on the page, this is also bad for search engine rankings - as can having tags too much alike on different pages. It's a pain in the backside for an online shop I help maintain - but a lot of well known sites don't seem to have any trouble despite doing this. Must have something to do with being linked to by loads of other sites - oh and don't be tempted to go mad & try to buy backlinks.. they're hip to that now.

Here's a summary of your 'what we do' page for example:
    The average HTML Header relevance of the page is low.

The Page is not indexed in Google.

The Page is not indexed in Bing.

WARNINGS (4)
    The page meta-Description should be more than 50 and less than 150 chars long. Current Length: 159.

The number of H1 Tags should be higher than 1. Current number: 0.

The words of the page should be more than 200 and less than 12000. Current number of words: 76.

The Text to HTML Code Ratio of the page is lower than 20 %. Current Text to HTML Code Ratio: 2.1 %.

INFO (7)
    The total number of Keywords in the page is 11.

The total number of Optimized Keywords in the page is 1.

The total number of Possibly Spam Keywords in the page is 0.

The total size of the page is 21.861 kb.

The text size of the page is 0.459 kb.

The Page contains 0 images.

This Page has 0 backlinks from External domains and 0 from Internal.
    The 'beauty' of Wix may be doing you more harm than good
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 09-02-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I also wouldn't recommend having background music that plays when the page loads either. Some people really hate that
    People still do that? What is this the 90s???
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    People still do that? What is this the 90s???
    That's what goes through my mind every time I run into one. I find it even more annoying than misplaced apostrophe's (sic)