Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the majority of your work?

Default What's the majority of your work?

As the title says, what is the majority of your work? I got a feeling it's going to be weddings as they're regarded as better paid jobs so Ovcourse it makes sense to go for that market, but is there anything else people go for? I have a plan in my mind in what I want to do and market to aim for but interested to see if much has changed in the last 5 years when I sold up.

Weddings are a big chunk but I have been trying to attract a more varied workload by launching an "Oldies only" site in the past year. I have had some success with this so I don't do so many back to back weddings now. I've also been accumulating some opti effects with a view to providing "groovy" lighting as an additional / dry hire service.

Pretty much a mixed bag this end (Imagine is the disco for ALL occasions after all ).

Lots of weddings lined up for later this year (double figures in fact), but also a lot of 30th's and 40th's a well...a lot more than last year.
    I also do a heck of a lot of kids parties (mainly the under 10's, although some teen ones as well).

I've even got a couple of Golden weddings in the bag for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Yes Correct.
    Wedding and then Dance Floors
    Are dance floors still a big thing?

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Weddings are a big chunk but I have been trying to attract a more varied workload by launching an "Oldies only" site in the past year. I have had some success with this so I don't do so many back to back weddings now. I've also been accumulating some opti effects with a view to providing "groovy" lighting as an additional / dry hire service.
    Funny you mention that as the idea I had to was to concentrate on certain age groups/genres, mainly starting with the teens, then working my way up through the age groups/genres of music. Something a little different but still add in weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Pretty much a mixed bag this end (Imagine is the disco for ALL occasions after all ).

Lots of weddings lined up for later this year (double figures in fact), but also a lot of 30th's and 40th's a well...a lot more than last year.
    I also do a heck of a lot of kids parties (mainly the under 10's, although some teen ones as well).

I've even got a couple of Golden weddings in the bag for this year.
    Glad you got plenty of work in. .

School discos was easy, but kids partys I used to struggle with in trying to keep them entertained. :/

Getting married myself this year and to be honest, the DJ was the first thing we booked lol

Weddings, anything else almost feels kinda odd as the first dance kicks things off usually so without that it's like....oh crap how do I do this again

Plus weddings are booked up in advance so anything less than 6 months or less between enquiry and wedding is "last minute" yet for a birthday anything more than a month is being "super organised"
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Weddings, birthdays/anniversaries, pubs/band support in that order.

engagement, weddings and birthdays

weirdest one thus far 10hr Karaoke Wake
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Anything really.
    Children s, birthdays, and last weddings

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex