Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie in need of some lighting advice

If it's not too late may I refer you to a 'For Sale' thread of mine here on MDD:

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...for-sale/page2

It may be a little outside your budget, but these are like brand new.

Regards

Jem

I have seen your listing and as much as I would like to have them they are considerably out of my price range. It's a shame really because I live between Barnsley and Wakefield so you're pretty much on my doorstep.

No Worries at all

Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    I could get something better for less money by buying individual lights.
    That is the best way. Those bars are designed for bands who have no time for lighting and want an easy life.
    Get some good deals on Ebay and a DMX controller and you can make yourself a very compact but effective lighting rig.

This is one I built.
    I am changing it soon to two wireless DMX pars in the middle.
    All pre mounted in a case with a wireless DMX receiver.

V1:
    Name:  lighting copy.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  57.3 KB

V2:
    Name:  LIGHTING 1 - small.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  66.9 KB

V3:
    Name:  TOBY-LIGHTING-RIG2.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  51.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by yourdj; 17-02-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

That looks like a pretty effective set-up. I'm thinking I might try to do something similar, although I will use the overhead bar on the DJ stand I buy instead of a T bar.

I was all set to go for the Stairville tri par bar but I came across some individual American DJ mega tri pars for £47 each delivered and I'm thinking I might just get a couple of those with a remote control and DMX lead for starters. They may not be quite as bright as the Stairville units because they only have 5 LEDs rather than 7 but they should still be bright enough for small venues and I'm assuming they will be fairly comparable to the Stairville bar if I buy two more later and connect them all up?

I was all set to go for the Stairville tri par bar but I came across some individual American DJ mega tri pars for £47 each delivered and I'm thinking I might just get a couple of those with a remote control and DMX lead for starters. They may not be quite as bright as the Stairville units because they only have 5 LEDs rather than 7 but they should still be bright enough for small venues and I'm assuming they will be fairly comparable to the Stairville bar if I buy two more later and connect them all up?
    I used 4 x ADJ Mega tri pars on the overhead bar on my old booth, never had an issue with them, and they are more than bright enough.

I control them with an Obey 4 controller.

I use the Tri pars for my wash, and add other lights depending on the gig.

Usually either the ACME Mirrage, or a couple of LED moonflowers which I have.

Just purchased a new booth, so currently thinking about my new lighting solutions.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Hmmm....it's almost as if somebody suggested something similar earlier in the thread.

I stand by my original idea for a £200 idea though - two pars, plus an effect light such as a Revo 4 or another moonflower. Or as an alternative to the pars, maybe buy one of these.
    Last edited by Benny Smyth; 18-02-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Ok. May have slightly marked out over the fact that Toby has Revo Raves.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Ok. May have slightly marked out over the fact that Toby has Revo Raves.
    Did have them, but they are very limited as an effect light.
    Got the small Triphase (V3) on a whim and the coverage/brightness is excellent for the price.
    Cant remember the name of them now? Nice to have a complete ADJ lighting rig.

The bursts are great for dots and colour on the cleiling, but I am changing them to two black wireless DMX 135 watt pars.
    It gets rid of my DMX receiver and the second par can act as a sender to the up lighters. Being up high it in a perfect position.
    Last edited by yourdj; 18-02-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Did have them, but they are very limited as an effect light.
    Got the small Triphase on a whim and the coverage/brightness is excellent for the price.

Cant remember the name of them now? Nice to have a complete ADJ lighting rig.
    The bursts are great for dots and colour on the cleiling, but I am changing them to two black wireless DMX 135 watt pars.
    It gets rid of my DMX receiver and the second par can act as a sender to the up lighters. Being up high it in a perfect position.
    I used to have two Revo Raves, two ADJ Comscans and a Revo 4 as my centrepiece. Looking back, it was awful but my setup was a lot simpler. Just seeing the Raves made me smile.