Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Who does Karaoke?

Default Who does Karaoke?

I know this is hot and cold amongst DJs - one of the local guys who I get work from sends them all my way as he knows I like a bit singalong.

For those who do what type of screen are you rocking? andhow do you mount it
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

so its that popular then
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

I'm probably the karaoke guy on the forum for up here. But karaoke died for me a couple of years ago when I lost my two residencies in close succession. Whilst I still do karaoke as a walk-in/walk-out job for a multi-op guy, I no longer offer karaoke as an add-on or a stand-alone service for my own business.

As for the screens we use/used, the multi-op guy uses 15-19in monitors for the singers where as we used 24in monitors. We have the option to plug in to venue large screens if that is required or projection screens if required (rarely asked for). We've never been asked for anything else.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

It's never really interested me much, I've done a few where the client specifically asks for certain tracks but I never advertise this.
    Doesn't make much sense for me to do it a lot more work and people don't seem to want to spend much more for it.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

used to love karaoke but really don't like doing it now! so many bad singers out there me being one!!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I'm probably the karaoke guy on the forum for up here. But karaoke died for me a couple of years ago when I lost my two residencies in close succession. Whilst I still do karaoke as a walk-in/walk-out job for a multi-op guy, I no longer offer karaoke as an add-on or a stand-alone service for my own business.

As for the screens we use/used, the multi-op guy uses 15-19in monitors for the singers where as we used 24in monitors. We have the option to plug in to venue large screens if that is required or projection screens if required (rarely asked for). We've never been asked for anything else.
    Hi there, I do quite a lot of Karaoke around South Wales and it's surprisingly popular (must be a local thing!) in answer to your original question (as I've just realised I've quoted the wrong post) is I had a large triangular metal frame made approx 1 metre in length with a tv mounting bracket at the pointy end and 2 collars with a tightening screw at the other, this fits over the uprights on my stand allowing me to swing it out of the way if needed - this is something that works well in small pubs where the majority of my work is but also allows me to mount different size monitors.
    I use a 19" Dell monitor for smaller gigs and a 24" Truesonic for a larger space btw.

I've just stopped offering karaoke as an add on for private functions as I have only had 2 per year for the last 4 years. I was still using old fashioned big box type tellys on custom built flat mounts fitted with top hats atop speaker stands. To replace them was a cost I couldn't see recovering.

The extra work involved in setting it all up only for it to be a complete flop as most guests at weddings simply aren't interested, plus keeping up with discs and maintaining equipment simply wasn't justified by the revenue gained, so I shut it down and am selling off the kit.

Still very busy with Karaoke
    I have a weekly night in a local Pub
    I use a 22" monitor Which mounts on a speaker stand and also plug into the Pub's Projector.
    I had a seperate stand
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FS94-Serie...item3ce5d10ebc
    But found I could just use the cross section part.

Some weeks are better than others and I have someone who can operate the system if I need a break or get another booking.
    I also offer it as an add on to clients.
    I have two 19" screens that I can mount to Speaker stands so not much extra work.
    The only downside is the MC6000 is not brilliant for vocal work.

I find Karaoke doesn't really work at weddings but if the client wants it...

we still offer karaoke as an add on to private functions. Usually do one or two a month

Used to do weekly residency in a local pub but that closed down a couple of years ago.

Its barley worth buying the new songs each month now but im still hopeful another weekly residency will come along soon.
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk