Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Finally leaving the business

Default Finally leaving the business

Been a loooong while since I posted on here as I was winding down the business for the last couple of years so I can focus on my photography business.

Well I have invested quite a bit of money into the camera gear - I now have a Canon 6d (and 600d) and a few 'L' series lenses, 2 x 600 flashguns and loads of accessories - an expensive 'hobby' so now need to claw some money back before I get my divorce papers
    To date I have done a few paid jobs which included 2 weddings, 1 musician photo shoot, a couple of dog photos (yes the four legged variety) and also photographing disco effects mirrors for a local business for his website. Also got 2 more weddings this year.

My last disco will be on 20th March this year and after that will be selling most of my gear (so keep a lookout in the 'for sale' section). I will keep the song collection as it's many years of research and I reckon there are some songs that I would struggle to get anymore.

So just thought I'd say farewell and hope you all have a bright future. I've had a blast in this forum over the years and I may just pop on from time to time to say hello.
    Last edited by JAMdisco; 17-02-2015 at 01:57 PM.

All the very best for the future , must be nerve racking starting a new venture , pop in and tell us how you are doing

Cheers

daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

All the best with the photography, justin. Hope it all goes well for you. Don't forget to pop in and have a look at your old compatriots from time to time.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

All the very best with the new(ish) venture

Good luck! I have set my retirement date at 31.12.2016
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Thanks for all the messages, I will definitely pop in to say hello once I've finally quit.

Just to top it all off I have a new day job starting on 9th March - considerably more money and closer to home (I'll save about £1,000 per year on fuel alone)
    That is more nerve racking than the photography as the day job is my bread and butter. I'm also excited to start a new challenge but will be sad to leave the existing company as I have been here since 1988 and made many, many friends over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    Good luck! I have set my retirement date
    I did that once Theo. That was ten years ago!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Wishing you all the best Justin. Good luck with your new venture.

Well, did my last disco on 20th March and it was a fantastic night, good live band too. It was a friend of a friends 50th birthday and th friends daughter is getting married next year - guess who got the photography job lol

So a nice way to wrap up the business and sold my RCF speakers, and lighting for a good price. Just have a couple of things left to sell, I may post them in the 'For Sale' section if I get no offers locally.

So long and farewel to the best Mobile Disco Forum EVER!!!