Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: MyDMX2.0 Profile Help

Default MyDMX2.0 Profile Help

Hi there

I decided in the end to buy the MyDMX2.0 controller

The first problem I am having is that my scanners don't have a Fixture Profile (I pretty much knew this would be the case)

There is an 8 channel profile under TAS for the Mini Ultra-Scan 2 200MSD hoever this does not match mine at all, they must be the version 1

I have determined some things about the scanners but can't find any useful tutorials on using the Library Editor to create a profile

The address table printed on the scanners says they are 6 channel but using a manual controller I have figured out they actually only use five of the six channels as follows. However I can't tell what DMX values (0-255) I am sending on the channels to get the following effects. However for the gobo and colour, each 'trigger' value is evenly spaced across the range of the slider if you get what I mean

TAS Mini Ultrascan MSD200
    ch1 pan
    ch2 tilt

ch3 gobo
    0 = open
    1 = circle
    2 = 16 spokes
    3 = stars
    4 = 8 spokes
    5 = large star
    6 = wide spokes
    7 = bars
    8 = concentric circles
    9 = dots
    10 = gobo wheel continuous spin

ch4 colour
    0 = white
    1 = cyan
    2 = purple
    3 = green
    4 = pink
    5 = magenta
    6 = yellow
    7 = orange
    8 = red
    9 = dark red
    10 = continuous spin colour wheel

ch5 shutter
    0 = open
    1 = closed
    2 = strobe slow
    3 = strobe medium
    4 = strobe fast
    5 = strobe very fast

The shutter settings are not evenly spaced between 0-255. I get open shutter for about 25-30% of the range, closed shutter for the next 25-30% or so, then the four strobe speeds evenly spaced on the slider in the remainder of the range

Can someone nice please help me make a profile for my scanners?

It would be much appreciated and I promise to buy you a pint or two if I ever meet you
    Rich
    Last edited by dicky; 17-03-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: extra info

All you need to do is create a new profile in MyDMX 2.0 with 5 channel sliders, it really doesn't get any more complicated that that. Push the sliders up and note the DMX values when things start changing like gobo's and colours, etc.

Seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6VD75nV20
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

If you're still struggling after that, the ADJ forums are full of threads of folk who need a profile for fixtures. If one hasn't been done already, you can request one. No idea what the turn around is like though.

Talking

TAS Mini-Ultrascan Mk1 200MSD Profile made and tested

Cheers guys for the pointers in the right direction

The only bit I didn't find intuitive was how to set the dmx value range for the individual gobo's, colours etc

Well, not until I realised you could grab the bottom edge of the box holding the added gobo or colour (once you had added two or more) then resize the box up or down to set the value range - once I figured that out it seemed perfectly intuitive

Now to some DMX programming
    Rich
    Last edited by dicky; 18-03-2015 at 12:45 PM. Reason: grammar