Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: A request web app?

OK, well as I said just PM me if you want a look at the stuff I have...although it's probably a bit OTT!

I've added to an issue on GitHub...just tell me to STFU any time if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    OK, well as I said just PM me if you want a look at the stuff I have...although it's probably a bit OTT!

I've added to an issue on GitHub...just tell me to STFU any time if you like
    Ok, STFU!
    Nah, these sort of things are important to squish, so keep em coming

I messed about earlier and got some DB functions working outside the scripts creating pages. This should make error trapping easier among all the other possible benefits.

Good suggestions in the issues btw, I'll get onto those soon.

Next up, password salting and lost password recovery.

Update: With things being a bit more than uncertain on the day job front for the last couple of weeks I've not felt able to continue coding this - but since an offer was made to me yesterday I'm back on the wagon.

I've started fleshing out code for salted passwords for system users.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Update: With things being a bit more than uncertain on the day job front for the last couple of weeks I've not felt able to continue coding this - but since an offer was made to me yesterday I'm back on the wagon.

I've started fleshing out code for salted passwords for system users.
    Good news all round

Update: I've chipped away at some code recently so I've not completely stalled on this.. I still need to do some work on the forgotten password stuff. No point it being password protected if you forget your own password innit

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Swahili....people talking Swahili everywhere I look.
    I'm so glad you said that, Shaun. So we can delete the whole thread as a breach of my beloved Rule 23 then?

Only kidding lads, even though I don't understand a word of it, I think it's a fantastic idea. More power to your voodoo.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have always said this is an awesome idea and think it has some great ideas. top marks to you sir for all your hard work.. my dj partner/web man has been impressed on how easy it was to get running, he was a little worried it would be a pain to install and tweak but was very surprised on how neat it was.

Quote Originally Posted by funktions View Post
    I have always said this is an awesome idea and think it has some great ideas. top marks to you sir for all your hard work.. my dj partner/web man has been impressed on how easy it was to get running, he was a little worried it would be a pain to install and tweak but was very surprised on how neat it was.
    It's only going to get easier too. I learned how not to make a web app from my last day job but one. It was a hellishly difficult thing to install, which led to me fixing that & ultimately making scripts to package it so any old luser could install it. Mind, I doubt many apps start their life being bloated & pigs to install

Thanks for the feedback

Right then.

I still haven't forgotten about this thing - I've just been eyeball deep in other things. I'm planning to resume work on this soon I promise. I'm gonna need it for my own site

OMG! I finally got around to "bootstrapping" the front-end of this. See http://ask.elitedj.co.uk and use event key mdddemo

I haven't touched the back-end so see Justin's posts from around #70 for a link to the demo of that.

I started with the copy I had from Github months ago, but from the look of it it's the most current (at least from what's there now).

Thanks for all your hard work Justin! I'm not sure if the back-end needs a makeover, as the most important part is the public facing side of it. I've got to tidy it up a little and there are a few issues, but I'll get a copy of it to you (PM me your email address).

Also, let me know if you've made any changes or corrections to the code (not on Github). It may be hard to merge them in to what I have, but not impossible...