Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: A request web app?

Wahaha talk about Kismet!

I just started dabbling about with it again yesterday. I remember getting some of encrypted password storage working but then I couldn't remember any of the login details - and they're now encrypted in the database

I'll give the bootstrapped version a peek Marc cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    OMG! I finally got around to "bootstrapping" the front-end of this. See http://ask.elitedj.co.uk and use event key mdddemo

I haven't touched the back-end so see Justin's posts from around #70 for a link to the demo of that.

I started with the copy I had from Github months ago, but from the look of it it's the most current (at least from what's there now).

Thanks for all your hard work Justin! I'm not sure if the back-end needs a makeover, as the most important part is the public facing side of it. I've got to tidy it up a little and there are a few issues, but I'll get a copy of it to you (PM me your email address).

Also, let me know if you've made any changes or corrections to the code (not on Github). It may be hard to merge them in to what I have, but not impossible...

Ooooh, a shiny new toy!

Cheers Marc...and Juski.

OMG! I finally got around to "bootstrapping" the front-end of this. See http://ask.elitedj.co.uk and use event key mdddemo
    Am I correct in assuming that Shaun is likely to soon be flooded with daft requests from us lot?

Whoopee.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Right then.

I've squished a bug or two & I think encrypted password storage (and updating) is now working properly. Time for me to be a git committer again. You know what, this is the first thing I've ever written I think where I've gone back after months of not doing anything & I know what it's doing! :O

Next thing to do will be to make forgotten password retrieval work.

Loads of changes checked in. The front end is now all bootstrapped thanks to Marc's stirling efforts & he's come up with a few fixes for security I hadn't thought necessary.

Multiple events should now be handled better & forgotten admin user passwords can now be reset.

I've started carrying Marc's front end changes into the back end too.

Fyi anybody using old versions of this might want to update your code so that strings obtained from site cookies are escaped to prevent SQL injection attacks. The risk is pretty low but you know.... Best practice & all that stuff.

Still to be done is an installer page to initialise the database. Among other feature improvements.

Name:  newadmin.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  33.0 KB

I've now got loads done.. and have begun the joyous task of converting the backend to bootstrap too.

Almost all the backend stuff is properly converted to bootstrap now (which for most of you means not very much except muggins has been working on a lot of stuff).. and improvements are afoot.

I was looking at the custom text stuff tonight.. and wondering why the heck there's a user ID field in the custom text database table... OH YEAH.. it's so individual system users can have their own custom texts. Well you know what? I'm sacking that feature unless somebody can give me a good reason not to. I'm not sure I ever implemented it properly anyway. Infact I've even wondered why it wasn't just put in a config file instead. It's not like it's something that's going to need changing very often is it?
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 28-03-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    ...it's so individual system users can have their own custom texts. Well you know what? I'm sacking that feature unless somebody can give me a good reason not to. I'm not sure I ever implemented it properly anyway. Infact I've even wondered why it wasn't just put in a config file instead. It's not like it's something that's going to need changing very often is it?
    I have to agree, the whole text definitions (not just per user) is something I would have put in a config file from the start. Once set they'll rarely change, IMHO.

One thing I noticed...when in admin if something's blank (e.g. a request message) you can't seem to be able to click on it. I think you'll need to style the td.message .grid_content .editable span as clickable in these cases?

Bootstrap has its own show / hide mechanism which you may be able to use to simplify things or make it easier in these admin tables - see the 2nd (currently 98 votes) answer at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...with-bootstrap - basically give initially hidden things a "collapse" class and do it all with unique IDs and data-toggle / data-target...

I have to agree, the whole text definitions (not just per user) is something I would have put in a config file from the start. Once set they'll rarely change, IMHO.

One thing I noticed...when in admin if something's blank (e.g. a request message) you can't seem to be able to click on it. I think you'll need to style the td.message .grid_content .editable span as clickable in these cases?

Bootstrap has its own show / hide mechanism which you may be able to use to simplify things or make it easier in these admin tables - see the 2nd (currently 98 votes) answer at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...with-bootstrap - basically give initially hidden things a "collapse" class and do it all with unique IDs and data-toggle / data-target...
    The editing code needs javascript (spit.. pting!) to be able to update the fields anyway, so I don't think it's much of a simplification. I'll look at giving table fields a minimum width - that might give a clickable target at least.

I've started work on ripping out all my hard work on customtext code & putting text customisation into a file instead. Heh. Hard work. Nah. Busy work more like.

necro i know...

what ever happened to this ??