Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A request web app?

Great work so far, Justin....I know there aren't many replies to this thread but I for one am keeping a close eye on it, and I'm sure there are others!

Thanks Marc. The tricky bits of the multi user stuff are just about done I think.

I need to take a good run at it at some point rather than chipping away as & when. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Great work so far, Justin....I know there aren't many replies to this thread but I for one am keeping a close eye on it, and I'm sure there are others!
    same here, tried it once on android and got totally confused.. so I know there are many better people at doing it than me lol

is there a link to a test/working version or am i missing something
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Because of the multi user stuff I'm working on it's not ready for testing by you lot yet.

I know I said 'soon' about 3 pages ago but I've had a lot on.

I'll probably have something you can try out by the weekend.

For what it's worth the link I posted is to where the raw code for the project is hosted & isn't a 'live' app

Right then!

http://www.mrdeejay.co.uk/requests is the place to go and act like a customer. A code you can use initially is mddf

See how that works for you.

For the admin side, I've set up a level 2 user (can create events, see & edit requests, remove requests, ban users etc - everything bar administering admin level users infact) and you can log in here: http://www.mrdeejay.co.uk/requests/admin/ with the username test and the password mddfpassword.

That's just for now. I think there are still a few bugs I need to squish - but you shouldn't be able to see any of the stuff I'll be using tonight at the venue.

Page styling is all over the place, but I'm leaving it as it is til Marc's had a look at it. The user side looks 'acceptable' IMHO.. but again I'm not gonna bust any guts on that til Marc's played with it.

Try not to ask for new features - I've got a raft of them still to go in like being able to list requests already played separately to users, and being able to fully customise all the text users see in messages (for successful request submissions, saying they've posted another request too soon, and saying they can't make any more requests cos they've been BANNED.. etc).

Right now it's only suitable for one 'company' with a number of DJs.. I'm considering making it even more multi-user with 'groups' which won't exactly be much work apart from wrapping my brain around MySQL JOINs

Any questions, post em here. I've tried to keep it super simples cos not everyone has a brain the size of a planet like me (kidding, this is a bunch of hacks of tutorial code stuck together with gaffa tape). Maybe some terms in the app will be renamed, e.g. 'event keys' will become simply 'events'.. but those kind of things are mere tweaks.

Lastly, go canny with this please. It has error trapping & hack protection to a certain extent but I haven't fully tested that stuff yet. I'll set up a full test system on my server soon where you can really let rip with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I know there aren't many replies to this thread but I for one am keeping a close eye on it, and I'm sure there are others!
    I'm watching with great interest too.

I created a new event, mddf2, and it wont print from admin and can't be logged in to by users....perhaps because it's only slightly different to mddf (maybe the operator you're using for the event key?).

Clicking on the User String link in admin gives 0 results, even though there obviously are (from the previous screen).

EDIT: Is what's on GitHub just now the same as this demo?
    Last edited by Marc J; 20-04-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Marc, no github is not synced up yet.

There was an event with key mddf2 already. I thought I'd made that column unique so there you go. I'll have to add error checking for that & change the DB schema a bit.

There's an issue with the DB query for the users list .. Should be a dead easy fix.

I'll get onto it tomorrow night. Tonight it'll be trashed, err I mean used by patrons at an 18th birthday party.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 20-04-2015 at 01:32 PM.

By the way how did whoever it was manage to skip entering a title? That should be trapped. Hnmm.