Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGBWA+UV anybody got these?

Default RGBWA+UV anybody got these?

I'm thinking of replacing my 4 old Stairville LED PAR cans of which some of the LEDs have gone (mostly red for some reason).

I like to look of these lights but would like to know if the UV is any good, I don't have UV cannons but just wondering if its a gimmick or not.
    Also how bright are these likely to be (5x12w) compared to my old PAR cans (I've never seen any tri-led or high power LED fixtures before)?

Ideally I'll have 2 of these: Kam Powercan 60w instead of the 4 and I'll pop a couple of recently aqquired moving heads also on a T-Bar. Hopefully that'll still be enough wash on the dancefloor as the lights are brighter???

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I just bought four Equinox Fusion 75's, which are small moving head washes, but have RGBWA-UV, with five 12w led's in each fixture, just like the cans you mentioned. I've only tested them briefly, but the UV function seems to do exactly what it should. Its hard to tell exactly how effective or bright the lights really are as I've only played about with them at home, but they look plenty bright. I plan on using them this weekend so will be able to give a better account then.

if you don't mind letting me know how they get on that'd be good. If I manage to hold off the purchase for that long that is!

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    if you don't mind letting me know how they get on that'd be good.
    Will do.

Okidoki. Tried them in the venue whilst setting up today, and to be honest, it's hard to tell. The sun was shining through the adjoining conservatory, and the house lights were on as well. The RGBAW-UV light still looked bright enough even in daylight (the clip below taken on my phone really doesn't really show it off too well). I'll have a better idea tonight.

Ok, after giving them a workout at last nights 21st Birthday gig...I find they were 'ok'. I don't think the additional price of the lights you linked to makes them any better than any standard LED par I've seen though. The UV effect in a live situation is pretty poor too. When I tested it in a small room in my house it looked not bad, in the small function room I was in last night the effect was pretty non existent - so definitely a 'gimmick' on that front as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the updates - I decided to go ahead and buy some anyway just in time to test them for a gig.
    Tested them and all seemed good at home then unfortunately the first thing they said when I arrived at my gig was "no strobing lights please" ... which is the first time I've ever been asked for no strobes! So still eager to give them a go I thought I'll pop them on sound to light as they worked well at home and what do they do? flicker between colours very quickly almost strobing!!! ARRR!!! So I set the mic on the lowest level - still flashing quickly!!

So I resorted to one of the preset "slow fade" shows built in which goes through all the colours including UV.
    When it did come round the UV effect did work quite well in the area I had (about 20m distance from the lights) and I was suitably impressed. I have never used standard UV effects but the room was dark (no light from the PARS) except white shirts were glowing brightly which is what I expected, so I'm happy with them.

Bloody hell the lights are bright when you put all the colours on at the same time (which is part of the stupid preset slow fade) I had people asking me to turn the lights off ... good job I plan to DMX these things as they aren't that simple to use standalone!

Could I ask what stand you're using for your moving heads?
    I've had pretty much the same idea with my lights except my pars are more stationary! Except the T bar is only a cheapish one, lasted me 3 years no issues using lightweight fixtures however I'm not comfortable extending them as high as yours are due to lesser build quality.

Name:  20150327_122306.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  37.0 KB

One thing I did notice is that when you put UV and blue together it makes a rather awesome effect ... notice how the bride and groom really stand out? when It's just blue they didn't "glow"

Name:  20150327_203420.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  52.0 KB

The UV looks good in your pic. Way better than the effect I got using the 4 of my heads.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Could I ask what stand you're using for your moving heads?
    I've had pretty much the same idea with my lights except my pars are more stationary! Except the T bar is only a cheapish one, lasted me 3 years no issues using lightweight fixtures however I'm not comfortable extending them as high as yours are due to lesser build quality.

Name:  20150327_203420.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  52.0 KB
    Just an el-cheapo rhino stand I purchased last week.
    https://www.proaudiocentre.com/shop/...ght-stand.html

If I was just using the fusion 75's on it (and not the larger moving heads), it would be ample, but to be honest, even though the stand states it can manage 40kg, there was a slight lean on the t-bar which makes me doubt it's stability. In the venue on Saturday I just put it (cheekily) tight against the ceiling...so it was going nowhere. I'll be investing in a good sturdy winch tripod for future use I think. It'll save my old creaking bones any hassle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    The UV looks good in your pic. Way better than the effect I got using the 4 of my heads.

Just an el-cheapo rhino stand I purchased last week.
    https://www.proaudiocentre.com/shop/...ght-stand.html

If I was just using the fusion 75's on it (and not the larger moving heads), it would be ample, but to be honest, even though the stand states it can manage 40kg, there was a slight lean on the t-bar which makes me doubt it's stability. In the venue on Saturday I just put it (cheekily) tight against the ceiling...so it was going nowhere. I'll be investing in a good sturdy winch tripod for future use I think. It'll save my old creaking bones any hassle too.
    Maybe because you're moving heads are well moving I guess that the UV is harder to see?
    Hmm maybe I won't go for that T-bar then! do you normally take all the lights off the T-Bar when packing away?
    I've been leaving mine on for a super speedy setup but they are an awkward lump with the moving heads.