Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Equinox DJ Booth

Default New Equinox DJ Booth

Has anyone got one of THESE if so what's your opinion of them, are they as good as they say they are, in particular are the stand and case durable, and do they stand up to the daily knocks they will inevitably get?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I purchased one last year, with the overhead kit.

So far, mine has been fine.

Previously I used the 6' Rhino with overhead kit.

This new stand is quicker to set up, looks more professional, comes with a white cover. (I also purchased a black cover)

Only issue I have (not really an issue though), is that the bag is bigger than my Rhino bag (and the Rhino bag contains the overhead kit too). The equinox overhead comes in a separate bag. So transport space is increased.

I've had one since they came out

Previously had an S&H which was far superior but didn't have the shelf etc . The equinox could benefit from the hinges being welded or screwed on as the rivets have popped on mine and a few others i know.

Nothing major though as ill put some screws in the hinges and it'll be new again.
    Wedding DJ Glasgow - Edinburgh http://david-munro.co.uk
    Giant love letters Glasgow - Edinburgh http://dbxevents.co.uk

Out of interest, what do you currently have? So that I can offer you detail compared to what you currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Out of interest, what do you currently have? So that I can offer you detail compared to what you currently have.
    Modified Ultimax, ultimax micro and DSB Mk2, I'm currently looking at the Equinox or the LiteConsole XPRS to replace the DSB as it's heavy and somewhat cumbersome. The Equinox seems to be the best choice based on price, quickness of assembly, ease of use and residual value.

Thanks for the reply's so far.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

There's no doubt that the LiteConsole XPRS looks amazing, but I discounted it because it looked like it would take a few trips to get it all in the venue.

The Equinox fits in one bag (plus a second bag if you buy the overhead lighting kit).

This video shows the main Equinox stand being brought in to a venue: https://youtu.be/4sW1TUnw0r4?t=50s

It is very quick and easy to setup.

The overhead lighting isn't as quick - and you'll need a ladder to get it up - especially using the extended height.

The DSB V2 might be heavier than the equinox but that's because it's built out of 24mm steel box section and is built to last on the road. It's all welded to ensure strength and reliability as opposed to rivets which are generally used as a measure to reduce manufacturing costs and build time and are prone to pop.

The equinox is OK and fits a price point but the finish and quality are completely different leagues. You get what you pay for at the end of the day and although you will gain a saving in weight you'll loose the quality finish. Just depends what is more important really.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

I'm sure that I've seen a 6 foot version of the equinox coming out soon too?
    I'd rather have the new bigger one. The 4 foot one would be too small for me!

Quote Originally Posted by RikkiDee View Post
    I'm sure that I've seen a 6 foot version of the equinox coming out soon too?
    I'd rather have the new bigger one. The 4 foot one would be too small for me!
    What on earth do you have on there?!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    What on earth do you have on there?!
    haha! I like my space!
    Homemade coffin case that holds 2 x baby Pioneer CDJ100's. A Pioneer DJM Mixer. Amp with a case of CD's on top (remember those old round shiny things?!) on one side and another case of CD's on the other side. Suits me nicely!
    I use CD only..

https://www.facebook.com/Rikkismobil...45913758796875

Rich
    ;-)