Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Childrens' Party Games

Default Childrens' Party Games

Whilst there's been many topic on this on the forum throughout the years, I thought I'd post another one as we've got a few newer members who might like to contribute - plus...I need help! .

Kids Parties I've always avoided where possible. There are people who are fantastic at them and I feel certain types of events are best left to the experts.

However, my daughter is turning 6 next month and she is adamant that she wants her Daddy to be the DJ at her Party (despite my best efforts to convince her that I know some really good childrens' entertainers). My part of the afternoon should be relatively short (I'm hoping). I've got face painters, a balloon modeler, Kids Magic Show & a visit from Frozen's 'Elsa'. So the afternoon should be pretty busy with as little for me to do as possible. I will need to organsise some party games though. I really want to shy away from the usual suspects (i.e. musical chairs, pass the parcel etc). So looking to see if anyone has any great game ideas they wish to share for kids of this age group?

The theme of the party is 'Princesess & Pirates', so I'll try customise any suggestions around that theme.

Over to you lot. Thanks in advance for any contribution you can add to this thread.

One I always used to do, and had an opportunity to repeat last year due to an advertising SNAFU at a hotel... is the 'oh mummy' game.

Basically, get 2, 3 or 4 couples (or teams of 3) & hand them some loo rolls. The cheaper the better for these... tell them one has to stand still, upright.. and the other(s) has to wrap them as completely as possible. The first to be completely mummified (excluding head & face) wins - or if they run out of time choose the most complete.

See also, here: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...t=mayhem+games

and here:

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...t=mayhem+games

The games I used to do were borrowed from Mr Mayhem and Gary Kenny (I think).

Plus, I added in an X-Facter-style talent show whereby I got (blackmailed if needs be!) 3 adults from the audience. Two were given the brief of being complimentary but the third (always a bloke!) had the brief of being like Simon "Mr Nasty" Cowell. Cue lots and lots of booing and hissing from the crowd. Then we basically had a dance-off or some other competition and the "judges" had to judge them (bet you didn't see that one coming!!!). It just broke up the show a little and gave the adults a chance to get involved because, as we all know, getting adults volunteers to help out at a kids party is nigh on impossible!

But, like you very well know, Shaun, kids party games are generally best left to children's entertainers. But good luck!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Kids parties are a piece of cake (I tend to do them on autopilot these days).

OK - 6 year olds as you'll know are intelligent little blighters so there's room to make the games just that little bit more complicated

* Balloon and spoon (it's not as easy as it sounds)
    * Space hopper relay racing
    * Space hopper balloon and spoon if I'm feeling particularly evil
    * Jump rope (fix a tennis ball to a rope, get them in a circle around you and around you go....keeping the ball at floor level obviously)
    * Mission Impossible (split them into teams that can fit onto the jigsaw yoga mats. Two mats per team, they have to get from one side of the room to the other without touching the floor. Oh, and you don't tell them how to do it either ).
    * Limbo dancing - always the first one of the night and always works
    * Mummy/snowman dressing as already mentioned
    * Red Run. Complicated to explain but here goes. You'll need two decks of shuffled playing cards for this one and two adults. Split them into two teams. The adults peel a card at a time from the deck and show it to the first person in the team. If it's red, they run to something like a chair at the other end of the room and back to the front of the queue for the next card. If it's black, they go to the back of the line. Winning team is the one that gets through the entire deck first.

Not technically a game, but if you've got a snow machine, get them to sing along to a Frozen track. Don't tell them why, but wind them up and encourage them to sing nice and loud, and once they're in full swing....make it snow (always a winner!)

Oh.....and lots of the 10p bags of Haribo you can throw into the crowd works too