Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: BBC Record Library

Default BBC Record Library

I know a lot of you guys have got or have access to a very large range of music of different genres But do you sometimes feel that at times you are considered to be an extension of the BBC Record Library or whatever it's called these days. Then when you tell the guest/punter or whatever they are called that you haven't got that particular track they feel hard done by.
    In my area any track I've been asked to play I've managed to have, only once I didn't have one. I only have about 8500 tracks to choose from.

By the way I am not talking about tracks pre requested but those requested during the event.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdiver View Post
    I know a lot of you guys have got or have access to a very large range of music of different genres But do you sometimes feel that at times you are considered to be an extension of the BBC Record Library or whatever it's called these days. Then when you tell the guest/punter or whatever they are called that you haven't got that particular track they feel hard done by.
    In my area any track I've been asked to play I've managed to have, only once I didn't have one. I only have about 8500 tracks to choose from.

By the way I am not talking about tracks pre requested but those requested during the event.
    Oh yeah. If I say I've not got something it's (sometimes) 'why? I can just get it on my phone, see! Don't you have Spotify?!'. I don't get it that often & to be honest they've rarely found what I'd call an obvious gap in my repertoire. It always seems to be something a little bit 'out there' that probably wouldn't go down too well anyway.

I'm amused when they request a weird and wonderful track to which you inform them you haven't got it and their reply is "How can you not have that, it's a classic"....
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I did one recently for kids who were quite up on their music and we're asking for track after track of stuff that has never been in the chart / has just been released. I'm normally okay with this stuff being quite keen at finding new music but sometimes you just want to tell them to stop being so flipping awkward! What made it worse was they never sent me a playlist in advance and I asked about music twice. the music they asked for was normal modern stuff!

They weren't unhappy with me but did make a comment about not having the best selection which I was a bit peeved about. Some people eh?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD