Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Promoting a Business Page on Facebook

Facebook is 'ok to poor' for advertising BUT is great for marketing.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

I appreciate that 'advertising' and 'marketing' are fundamentally different but could you expand on how you use your Facebook page to your business's advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    I appreciate that 'advertising' and 'marketing' are fundamentally different but could you expand on how you use your Facebook page to your business's advantage?
    For the wedding side of things it is mainly to help upselling. I am now at a point where I have got most brides who book me to like my page, they can then keep up to date with my latest developments and services. It is also great for uploading the latest pictures.

I do get a few new enquiries, but it is the upselling point that Facebook is great for - this year I only have about a dozen evening only weddings.

For other aspects of my business it is good for people to keep track on availability and, again, any developments within my service.

Edit - the link in my signature points to a very very rarely used business page
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    A Facebook page is great for building up a "rapport" with potential future clients. Doing business with people, "sealing the deal", is all about building trust as people buy people simple as that. If someone trusts you, they are more likely to buy whatever it is that you're selling. A Facebook business page can be part of that relationship-building. It gives a place where people can see what you're up to, read what other's think about you, ask questions and, generally, get to know you better. But the "Promote Page" and pay per click options I think are not good value for money. You can use it for free. When your friends or customers "like" your page, or make a comment on it, their friends can get to see this. They can even recommend it to their friends. Then you get the "mushroom" effect. More and more people see your page. Mr Smith is looking for a disco for his daughter's wedding. He remembers that his trusted friend "liked" or commented on a DJ page in the past. There's a potential enquiry for you. It's also much easier to convert enquiries when you've been recommended to that person by someone they trust. You just can't buy advertising like that!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I have a Facebook page where I seem to get a lot of people price shopping.
    I have (as mentioned earlier) started advertising on the Facebook pages such as the 'For sale & wanted' pages and the 'Wedding Suppliers' pages with some nice photos and have I secured a few higher paying jobs that way.

One thing that I do not like about having a Facebook business page is that you cannot send anyone a message from it. You can only reply to a message that you are sent, so they have to contact you first.
    On the 'For sale' pages, you can message people using your personal profile but if you are not friends with them, the message tends to get filtered into the Facebook 'other' mailbox folder.
    If you don't know what it is, click here to see yours:
    www.facebook.com/messages/other

I was not aware of this at first and it seems that you can only access it from the desktop web version of Facebook (not through the messenger or any other Facebook app that I know of). You do not get notified of any messages that go into here either.
    When I first discovered this folder, it was full of messages that I had not seen and from the customer point of view, apparently ignored! Some of the messages were over a year old!

My Facebook business page certainly has its uses and any jobs that I get from Facebook are classed as a bonus.
    I couldn't rely on it for constant work unless I go out for a much cheaper price than I do. It does get me a lot of enquiries though.
    As for paying for the it, don't bother. Send all your friends an invite to your page and ask them to invite their friends too.
    It does give you awareness. You would be better off spending your hard earned cash on Gumtree and Google Adwords.
    I was really surprised at the amount of calls that I get from my Gumtree ad. I originally signed up to Gumtree as I could list my website on it and that is good for the Google back links to the site and it has now paid for itself many times over.

I hope this helps.....
    Richard

You know, I wouldn't have considered advertising on Gumtree. But, having thought about the ads I've seen on there for DJs in my area I can see how it could be a smart move to have an ad on there.

I placed an advert on Gumtree just to see if it would actually work. It did... kind of. I had 3 enquiries in the space of about 2 weeks.

None turned in to bookings, but then the enquiries were along the lines of "Wot do u charge 4 a disco?"
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Facebook isn't a total waste of time, but it's not brilliant either.

Google Ads: Mixed results from this. I'm getting the website hits and one booking so far on my budget of £1 a day
    You need to up your adwords budget to at least 10 quid a day before you shall see any result.

Facebook is good for letting customers see pics videos and reviews. But DO NOT be fooled by paying to boost posts. I tried it 2 times and might aswel of just threw the money in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    You need to up your adwords budget to at least 10 quid a day before you shall see any result.

Facebook is good for letting customers see pics videos and reviews. But DO NOT be fooled by paying to boost posts. I tried it 2 times and might aswel of just threw the money in the bin.
    Hmm. £70 per week, £303 per calendar month, £3,650 per year seems like a large of outlay for any type of single adverising campaign in our industry. To make that a viable advertising medium you would really need to pull in around 3 bookings per week from it and that, to me, seems unrealistic. The best return I ever had on a single advert was actually a £400 YP ad I took out for one year a good few years ago. That year, I got a good return on that investment. But the odd thing is I still seem to get people ringing up quoting the ad and that was a good few years ago now.

I did try AdWords when I received a voucher with one of my hosting packages but it seemed to dwindle away quite fast and I made nothing from it. I thought at that point I couldn't afford to bank-roll that kind of campaign with no return. Maybe I'd done something wrong or, just maybe, it's more a case of a really clever Google campaign to get you to spend more money with them! Cynical? Me? Maybe just a little!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is just (probably) bad advice. Tweak your ads, maximum CPC, landing pages and target area. Don't blindly throw money upping your CPC / daily budget. You may find in your area things might be a bit crowded and you may have to raise things a little, but I've seen decent results with £1 a day.