Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding slideshow

If there was internet access, just set up a one off instagram account for it.

Or wait for me to develop my next project idea ;-)

OK - lots of ideas there (sorry for the delay...I've actually been with the B&G today).

There's plenty of time on the day for me to deal with compiling stuff (they start eating at 16:30....I'm not actually "needed" until 20:30) although the sooner the images are available the better.

The interweb idea may/may not work....it's a bit of a signal not-spot depending on where you are. As for setting up my own network....doable but then you need to educate people on how to connect (remember, their DNS settings won't know where to look!).

What we've agreed is that I'll supply the telly and a laptop (it's an old battered one which is no longer used, other than for the occasions I've previously done pre-compiled photos). They'll control the rest (they're not even sure if anyone's going to take any images and pass them on at the moment so I've asked them to provide some photos of them in the past, i.e. growing up, early dates etc. just so there's something on the screen).

Two weeks from the wedding and there's still a lot of unresolved stuff (mainly between them and the venue)....I know what I'm supposed to be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    The interweb idea may/may not work....it's a bit of a signal not-spot depending on where you are. As for setting up my own network....doable but then you need to educate people on how to connect (remember, their DNS settings won't know where to look!).
    My own network idea was purely to control the Raspberry Pi from your phone if you wanted to do that, or for the Chromecast and whatever device your using to send photos to it to be on the same network. I wasn't suggesting that guests connect to it.

You'd still then (only) have the problem of getting images to a USB stick (in the case of the Pi) or a phone / tablet (for the Chromecast).

I'll have to dig around again to find out how they did it, but I went to a 30th Birthday party a while ago where they hooked up an iPad to a Projector and then asked guests to send photos they were taking on the night (or already had on their phones) to the screen using Bluetooth. The iPad was running some app that accepted the transfers and then automatically slipped them into the slideshow.

I'll try and find out what it was. It might be helpful, or I might be another person who didn't read the OP properly

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Apple users can just email you the photos - simples
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I'll have to dig around again to find out how they did it, but I went to a 30th Birthday party a while ago where they hooked up an iPad to a Projector and then asked guests to send photos they were taking on the night (or already had on their phones) to the screen using Bluetooth. The iPad was running some app that accepted the transfers and then automatically slipped them into the slideshow.

I'll try and find out what it was. It might be helpful, or I might be another person who didn't read the OP properly

Julian
    Julian - you're spot on with the requirements there

If you can find/remember what it was they did, it'd be really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Julian - you're spot on with the requirements there

If you can find/remember what it was they did, it'd be really appreciated
    I've had a quick look through the App store and I can't see which App they used. I'm pretty sure I asked the guy what he was using after the night though, I'll try and find the email later.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography