Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: BPM

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Currently sitting in the VIP section of the Chauvet Arena with free beer. Win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I think Peter must be the first person everyone meets when they first go to BPM! As for getting back in a less than fresh state, you should try and track down the photos of Steve Hanley back at the hotel a few years ago!!
    What can I say? I must just be a people person.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Currently sitting in the VIP section of the Chauvet Arena with free beer. Win for me.
    Would have been nice if you'd switched your phone on so we could contact you.

Justin's description " underwhelmed " sums it up. I bought my usual bits of steel from Ultimax ( what a great bunch of lads they are ) saw only a handful of people at the show, started late on retired early " tired and emotional " from the night out, and as I was leaving the show today met James H. Booked a slot at Coalville.

There was nothing groundbreaking that interested me, and I don't think I shall go next year.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

When I went down the other year most things went over my head. But I did discover the benefits of padded bags from Cobra! Now a combination of Cobra and Accu-case bags protect most of my equipment. Good investment to protect my investment!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I set off about 3.30pm & I've just got home. Four stinking hours! The M1 was never really a pleasant road but the 50mph enforced limit has made it worse.

Anyhoo, I perused some more gear today & took in a demo of some new kit from LD. The Curv 500 absolutely blew me away. £1500 RRP, 122dB continuous, 2x 10" subs at 16kg each. Very very nifty indeed & not bad looking either. Their rep said they'd probably be good for gigs of up to 250 people but there wasn't anything to qualify that. They sounded way better than the FBT & Mackie stuff I heard. EV & Yamaha gear was lovely too but I'd have to save up way more pennies for them I think.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Would have been nice if you'd switched your phone on so we could contact you.
    I tried using my phone to message some folk, but the signal was so awful in there. Damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I set off about 3.30pm & I've just got home. Four stinking hours! The M1 was never really a pleasant road but the 50mph enforced limit has made it worse.

Anyhoo, I perused some more gear today & took in a demo of some new kit from LD. The Curv 500 absolutely blew me away. £1500 RRP, 122dB continuous, 2x 10" subs at 16kg each. Very very nifty indeed & not bad looking either. Their rep said they'd probably be good for gigs of up to 250 people but there wasn't anything to qualify that. They sounded way better than the FBT & Mackie stuff I heard. EV & Yamaha gear was lovely too but I'd have to save up way more pennies for them I think.
    I too heard the curve and loved it think I am gonna get one

Just to round this off as I couldn't remember at the time of last posting - the lights me and my mate bought were actually these 'Lanta Neptune Tumblers' http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANTA-NEPT...item19f8773005 We got two each so we can 'double up' on gigs if only one of us is working on a given night as we do often share equipment like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9I53iA1Zpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt-ixEbqLDo

Though in fairness the 'show special' price wasn't much less than the ebay everyday price

Rich