Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BPM

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    the wife has decided she wants to stay now and leave at early o clock to get back for her appointment so will mean having to use the room and lay off the sherbets
    sorry about that
    No worries. Due to now DJ'ing a late one on Saturday night, followed by an event first thing Sunday morning, I won't be going out Sunday night as i'll be utterly cream crackered. I'll either go to the show on Sunday or Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Boy, I do hope that BPM continue to send me 3 emails s day.
    Tell me about it, it's driving me up the wall! I don't care what DJs will be there and who's doing a Q&A etc. I go to meet some familiar faces and have a butchers at new kit... and maybe part with a few ££'s whilst i'm there.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Word on the street is it's over a larger area this year....will it make it a better show who knows?

I'll be there after the show finishes on Sunday as I have a wedding fayre. I'll be in the travel lodge on broad street. Be good to meet some new forum members during the evening.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I'll be in the travel lodge on broad street.
    I hope they've improved their standards since I booked a room there as the room was dirty, sheets were filthy, looked like it hadn't seen a duster in weeks and the bathroom had all grime round the plugs and taps.

It wasn't just my room though, a friend had booked a room too and his was the same. We ended up walking out and finding another hotel... not before complaining at the desk and getting a full refund.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Word on the street is it's over a larger area this year....will it make it a better show who knows?

I'll be there after the show finishes on Sunday as I have a wedding fayre. I'll be in the travel lodge on broad street. Be good to meet some new forum members during the evening.

Will see you there

Quote Originally Posted by SC Events View Post
    I hope they've improved their standards since I booked a room there as the room was dirty, sheets were filthy, looked like it hadn't seen a duster in weeks and the bathroom had all grime round the plugs and taps.

It wasn't just my room though, a friend had booked a room too and his was the same. We ended up walking out and finding another hotel... not before complaining at the desk and getting a full refund.
    It was being refurbed 2 BPM's ago when I last stayed there and this is now complete so am expecting it to be better than before.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    The Sunday night out used to be great. I was a little disappointed when I heard the group was split up when the venue of choice refused entry to those wearing trainers. Meaning some went in the venue and others branched off elsewhere. It defeats the purpose (for me anyway) of the whole reason to head down - a good old shindig in one place with the lads and lassies from the forum.

The change of date for BPM was another catalyst for me not returning.

I fear the best of the BPM times are a far distant memory.
    Unfortunately due to wedding bookings I also wont make it this year!

Totally agree with you on that Shaun

Although I was one of the rebels who stayed in reflex until closing time then went to walkabout then finished up in the tap n spile

Hope you all have a good bpm weekend guys!

Am I at the wrong bar? Too early, too late? In the bar in bpm itself

Just got back from my first ever visit to BPM and I really enjoyed it!

Plenty of things impressed me, and the Chavet Arena blew me away - I went intending to look to see what was available in the range of higher powered moving heads and thought the 90W Chavet Intimidator 3s were really amazing bit's of kit. I now have at least a couple of these on my 'wish list' - they were available at the show for £599 each and I thought they were worth it.

I was also interested in looking at lasers - and now on my 'to buy' list is a couple of these Laserworld Pro-1300RGB lasers, which this really nice and obviously very knowledgable guy on the Laserworld stand who spent a good while chatting and educating me told, are actually now discontinued and have been replaced with a 1600mW version for the same price. I thought the quality and sharpness of the beams on these was really impressive. I may treat myself to a couple of these towards the back end of the year. Maybe it's called the Pro1600RGB now? Not sure but he said they were taking orders on one of the stands for delivery in about 2 weeks and those are the ones I would like.

The thing I intended buying was a couple of the new ADJ Starbursts - but you know what, when I saw them running I just wasn't impressed at all - I thought they would be much brighter at 5x15W LED

I did buy a couple of lights though, but can't remember what they were called!! They are like double ended moving head wash lights - were £225 each on the show special and are being posted to me, I guess others at the show will have spotted these as they had a like an entire 'wall' of them runnning on demo all DMXed, not far from the cafe.

Anyway - really was a fun day for me - off to Gran Canaria for a couple weks now so chat with you guys later - I hope others had a fun day shopping.

Rich

Didn't buy anything today - for a change!!

However, having spoken to a few of the major manufacturers/retailers, all being well i'll have a trade account with them soon and so the spending begins!

First on the list: 4 x ADJ Inno Spot Pro's to replace my 4 x Robe ColourSpot 250AT and 4 x ACME Dynamo Scanners that I currently use on my disco rig.
    Also looking at a few ADJ 5RX's for Corporate Work, Live Events and for putting up on truss for various other events.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Underwhelmed would be how I'd describe how I feel about the gear I saw. Like Rich, I made a beeline for the Starbursts... Maybe it was because they weren't in a proper context but I just thought "is that it?". Similarly the ADJ pocket range seemed dim compared to my own (admittedly 30watt) LED gear. Nah. If I'm to get moving lights they'd have to be inno spots or intimidators.

As for the pa, I can't say any of it moved me enough to make me want to buy but again there's a lack of context and way too much competing sound to be able to make any kind of fair comparison.

I did get to see a gigbar up close for the first time though. Man is that thing ugly. Its output didn't seem too great either but then any small effects just get lost in the place because of all the mahoosive fixtures doing their funky stuff.

I made a point of having a look at the liteconsole stuff. Which I have to say looks much better in photos than in the flesh.

Denon seemed very conspicuous by their absence. Either that or I just wasn't looking hard enough.

The pioneer stand was a good source of fun I thought, watching the young DJs playing to crowds of thousands giving the mixer a damn good throttling. Yes, as a DJ you have to make sure you know how to throw all the right shapes during a mix. Ah I remember those days well. Good times.

As for the rest, I managed to track down Peter & we headed into town. Thanks to the modern miracle that is google maps, we got a good bit of exercise, before finally meeting the nice Mr Deltic & roadie. Curry ensued & I rolled.back to my room just before 2am in not the best of fettles.

I'm heading back later for another look & maybe catch a seminar or 2 but I don't think I'll be buying anything

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    ...As for the rest, I managed to track down Peter & we headed into town. Thanks to the modern miracle that is google maps, we got a good bit of exercise, before finally meeting the nice Mr Deltic & roadie. Curry ensued & I rolled.back to my room just before 2am in not the best of fettles.

I'm heading back later for another look & maybe catch a seminar or 2 but I don't think I'll be buying anything
    I think Peter must be the first person everyone meets when they first go to BPM! As for getting back in a less than fresh state, you should try and track down the photos of Steve Hanley back at the hotel a few years ago!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!