Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ld Maui 28 speaker in white your thoughts on this

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    A few weeks ago I was also looking at these and after exchanging views with a few forum members I subsequently bought one (Maui 28 Mix) I've just posted a mini review on these in the 'singing drainpipe' thread. Whether on not they would do 'bigger gigs' depends on what you regard as bigger gigs, I purchased a single unit for 50 - 70 folk in a smaller venue and it will do this with power to spare. Would I use a single unit for an 18th with 200 guests who liked their drum and bass? NO, it's not made for that, but I've got speakers that would make the little darlings ears bleed. Corabar Steve told me he has used a pair of them for a prom with 300 guests without any problems or lack of power. I think you will be able to form your own conclusions from these statements. If you do decide to go with them, get the Maui 28 Mix variant, it will give you a lot more flexibility, and if you buy the 'Bundle' from Thomann you can get the covers thrown in for not much extra cash, but watch the bank charges for changing the £s into euros.
    300 people sounds good. Seem a great compact for the price. I love the Evo 8 and Evo 12 but price is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian A Crossland View Post
    check out the LD curve first.
    Have you used the Maui 28's mate and do you own the Curve?

The Maui 5 is a much better bet for the money IMHO. I was impressed with the Curv the first time I ever heard it but subsequent listens have changed my view. £1500 for a background music system or severely underpowered main PA? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
    How rude only asked a question, do you tell everyone on here use the search ,if you dont know this system why not let them thats got them answer it. Steve
    Hi Steve,

I cant work out what you mean by the last bit of your sentence (as it just does not make sense), but looking at it you seem to have taken it the wrong way hence the smileys in his post. Google the term also with mobilediscodirectory.co.uk and that can often find things the search facility will not as this is now quite an old management system (I think).

I am thinking of getting a single white speaker like this, for background at meals as the sound travels much better. Having said that you can't put them way up in the air so would have to do a side by site?? They certainly look good for ceremonies and can blast out some vitamin string crap quite well. Bose stick are probably the best price line array type systems as they have been around for so long.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    The Maui 5 is a much better bet for the money IMHO. I was impressed with the Curv the first time I ever heard it but subsequent listens have changed my view. £1500 for a background music system or severely underpowered main PA? Nah.
    I'm with Justin. The curv doesn't impress me, the Maui 5 does. Sadly, I've not heard a pair of 5s together. How a pair of them would compare to a Curv would be interesting.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm with Justin. The curv doesn't impress me, the Maui 5 does.
    That looks nice! Good it has a mini mixer, that would save time. If I fitted a dual microphone and inside it (assuming there is space) that would be awesome. A white one would look cool in a ceremony. i need a better looking PA that can throw its sound evenly in a room, so that would work perfectly.

Just looked they don't do them in white!!
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/