Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ld Maui 28 speaker in white your thoughts on this

Default Ld Maui 28 speaker in white your thoughts on this

Hi All
    Looking at a pair for my wedding set up. Anyone got a set or your thoughts on them.
    Many Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
    Hi All
    Anyone got a set
    Many Thanks Steve
    Yes.

And now I feel duty bound to utter the well worn phrase " The search facility is a wonderful thing. Embrace it "
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

How rude only asked a question, do you tell everyone on here use the search ,if you dont know this system why not let them thats got them answer it. Steve

How rude only asked a question, do you tell everyone on here use the search ,if you dont know this system why not let them thats got them answer it. Steve
    And the fact that you omitted is that I pm'ed you with the name of a satisfied Maui owner, who would freely give you his views on it.
    I also posted a link to a previous thread entitled " Anybody have experience of the LD Systems Maui 28" ?
    That I regard as helpful, not rude.

As to the recommendation to use the search facility, that is an oft repeated exhortation by mods and admin when someone posts a topic which has been done before. While most of us here are more than happy to offer advice to all and sundry, it is reasonable to expect posters to at least do some research of their own. The search term " Maui 28" returns many results, with at least two of them answering your question.

I hope you receive many full answers to your question, and for what it's worth, I do have experience of the system, but don't consider myself qualified to give an in-depth review of it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I think you've misconstrued Peter's post in entirely the wrong light. Of all the site staff Peter is the least likely to intentionally post anything to cause any offence (no offence to the other moderators, lol). There's a wealth of opinions and experiences already been answered on most subjects. Many times the answer can be right under our noses without having to await replies on new threads. Whilst the search facility isn't the be all and end all, many of us find it invaluable resource. I use it often.....then usually go ahead and ask the same question anyway as it's good to get a fresh set of opinions from newer members.

We've got several (black rather than white). Ditched the Mackies in their favour. They hold up well in every situation we've used them in from 300+ kids at a school prom to marquee weddings. Would swap all our speakers for them. if funds permitted.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I think you've misconstrued Peter's post in entirely the wrong light. Of all the site staff Peter is the least likely to intentionally post anything to cause any offence (no offence to the other moderators, lol). There's a wealth of opinions and experiences already been answered on most subjects. Many times the answer can be right under our noses without having to await replies on new threads. Whilst the search facility isn't the be all and end all, many of us find it invaluable resource. I use it often.....then usually go ahead and ask the same question anyway as it's good to get a fresh set of opinions from newer members.
    There's also a technical reason why we'd prefer forum members to use the (much-improved-since-the-early-days!) forum search facility and that's space limitation. The forum is hosted on a server where space isn't unlimited. Every thread and post increases the size of the database that runs the forum. Therefore, if the answer you seek had already been answered, it's beneficial this way.

Personally, I like to keep things fresh and the thread that Peter linked to was a couple of years old so maybe a current discussion is not a bad thing. Is there a Maui 28 Mk II now? Or maybe a new alternative that would suit the requirements of the OP (if Stevieboy is open to alternative suggestions, of course. We don't wan't discussions to go too far off-topic! ).

Mind you, I've just seen Steve's glowing recommendation above!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    We've got several (black rather than white). Ditched the Mackies in their favour. They hold up well in every situation we've used them in from 300+ kids at a school prom to marquee weddings. Would swap all our speakers for them. if funds permitted.
    I've been looking at the Maui 28's and using a search (on this forum) and did wonder if they could do a few bigger gigs.
    Reviews do seem favourable. These are on my shopping list right now.

Will go and take a listen to these and i see you have favourable opinions of these Steve as well as a few people on here .

check out the LD curve first.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    I've been looking at the Maui 28's and using a search (on this forum) and did wonder if they could do a few bigger gigs.
    A few weeks ago I was also looking at these and after exchanging views with a few forum members I subsequently bought one (Maui 28 Mix) I've just posted a mini review on these in the 'singing drainpipe' thread. Whether on not they would do 'bigger gigs' depends on what you regard as bigger gigs, I purchased a single unit for 50 - 70 folk in a smaller venue and it will do this with power to spare. Would I use a single unit for an 18th with 200 guests who liked their drum and bass? NO, it's not made for that, but I've got speakers that would make the little darlings ears bleed. Corabar Steve told me he has used a pair of them for a prom with 300 guests without any problems or lack of power. I think you will be able to form your own conclusions from these statements. If you do decide to go with them, get the Maui 28 Mix variant, it will give you a lot more flexibility, and if you buy the 'Bundle' from Thomann you can get the covers thrown in for not much extra cash, but watch the bank charges for changing the £s into euros.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire